Author Topic: $CAMera cars now issuing parking PCNs?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
$CAMera cars now issuing parking PCNs?
« on: 20 January, 2011, 12:38:17 AM »
I spoke to a couple of private hire drivers tonight and was told that the scamera car was issuing PCN's for waiting for a fare on double yellows in St Martin's. One had 3 PCN's there in a week! They LOVE us!

This is a new one on me. I wasn't aware they were enforcing parking. Do they have all the right certification? The operator didn't seem to be wearing a CEO's uniform as I understand is the requirement for issuing parking related PCN's...a question for the Nutsville boys? Anyway, we need to give the cabbies the heads-up and also get flyers to drivers in that area as I think this new tactic will generate even more support for us. WCC have avoided enforcing parking with scamera cars in the past as it is too "reputationally damaging".  Let's make sure this is the case! :-ev-:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
Re: $CAMera cars now issuing parking PCNs?
« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »
Now that's interesting! I thought that CCTV was only meant to be used where CEOs couldn't be deployed? I'm certain that I've seen CEOs in St Martins Lane.

I would imagine that the uniform, or lack thereof, is not relevant if the PCNs are being issued by post as against fixed to the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence. (After all, we have no way of knowing how the operators in the monitoring centre are dressed when they select a vehicle as a target.)

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 20 January, 2011, 07:19:13 AM »
Quote from: "Coco"
Now that's interesting! I thought that CCTV was only meant to be used where CEOs couldn't be deployed? I'm certain that I've seen CEOs in St Martins Lane.

I would imagine that the uniform, or lack thereof, is not relevant if the PCNs are being issued by post as against fixed to the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence. (After all, we have no way of knowing how the operators in the monitoring centre are dressed when they select a vehicle as a target.)

That is correct however only applies to FIXED cameras..

we have camera car teams that go round the streets here in haveiriing for issuing PCN's..  its meant to be a more efficent way then then using walking people that need rests..

howevere they do need to apply for a licence to do this if i remember correctly.. and/or have the correct paperwork to use camera cars

Offline Bennage

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 20 January, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
I was told by Twiggy a little while ago that they do NOT have the license to do this so we were looking for anyone who had been given a PCN by the cars. 

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
They got a license on 18/11/10, but don't forget there is a static camera in St Martins Lane, so the cabbies might have been caught out by that rather than a $camera car. It would be interesting to see the video footage of one of these tickets so we can see the angle from which the pictures are taken.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 20 January, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
Probably switched to this mode of $caming money as we have been hitting them hard where it hurts (in the pocket )and any secret budgets/targets set must well and truly be shagged. So they have to get dosh in quick.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
BE might be right. It's quite possible that the PH driver assumed it came from the scamera car. We need to ask any we see there and try to get them to forward a copy of the PCN/link to footage.
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player