Author Topic: Footpath parking question.  (Read 11776 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Footpath parking question.
« Reply #30 on: 29 April, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
The picture was sent to the EA with the reasons for cancelling the PCN. The EA involved is Hackney and I do not know if they are better worse or the same as other EA's.  You are quite right about the distance from the footpath though, the only people it may inconvenience are scrotes and toe rags making their way to the bikes to try and stick PCNs to them. :bashy:

Too true.

:-ev-:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #31 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
I'm sure the council will not be able to resist including a condescending lecture about how pavement parking inconveniences pedestrians.

And, if the bike's inconveniencing pedestrians, won't the "Works Entrance" sign inconvenience them even more? What about the redundant roadworks sign skeleton? That's right on the actual pavement, right where someone with less than perfect eyesight might walk into it.

The council's operatives would be far more useful removing things like that...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #32 on: 25 May, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
I just heard the EA have told him to pay the PCN within 14 days as they have rejected his challenge. :(
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #33 on: 25 May, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »
Wow! There's a surprise.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #34 on: 25 May, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »
Legally/technically, they're probably right. I would have thought that a bit of discretion on the part of the CEO should have been used.
   D'oh - sorry, I forgot, they're not allowed to have discretion!  :bashy:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #35 on: 26 May, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
I have told him it was always a long shot, but nothing ventured I suppose. It's not worth trying to go further with this one so I will tell him cough up.  <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Phoenix

• Follower
« Reply #36 on: 01 June, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
Just back from holiday.  Can we see the letter of rejection and letter of appeal?
The Patas Monkey has a remarkably high reproductive rate, perhaps as an evolutionary response to the high adult mortality rates associated with this strongly terrestrial lifestyle.  Not to be confused with the Patas Adjudicator - a species yet to be studied.  Use extreme caution: it's  unpredictable

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #37 on: 07 June, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
Just back from holiday.  Can we see the letter of rejection and letter of appeal?

No problem I will get it scanned and put up after the week end.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player