Author Topic: Camden Issue PCN to a Two Year Old Boy Who Owns a Plastic Pedal Car!  (Read 4463 times)

Nigel W

James Reilly received a £60 demand for a parking ticket in the post the other day. Nothing unusual in that, you might think - but James is only two and the one vehicle he owns is a red and yellow plastic pedal car.

It is the latest example of parking madness and, while it has caused James little concern (after all, he cannot read yet), his mother is understandably furious.

Amanda Reilly, 22, from Camden, doesn't own a car and had never been near the street in which the offending vehicle was alleged to have been illegally parked.
She assumed the matter was a simple mistake that would be quickly dropped when she explained the circumstances to her local authority.

Unfortunately, she had not reckoned with the bureaucracy of the council's parking unit. And now James may become the first child in town to notch up a parking violation, 15 years before he can even take his driving test.

Ms Reilly said: "I was a bit shocked when I got the letter but I thought that, once I told them that James was only two and I had never had a car, they would just cancel the demand.

"But it was utterly unbelievable. When I told the woman on the other end of the line that the person the letter was addressed to was my toddler son, she asked if I had proof of James's age. He was jabbering away to me right beside the phone at the time, so I offered to put him on so he could tell her himself.

"But she said I had to come down to the town hall with documentary proof that James was two. I'm a single mother, I don't have a car and it's freezing cold at the moment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-95049/Parking-ticket-year-old-boy.html#ixzz1xUGPU1Jk

« Last Edit: 11 June, 2012, 01:28:45 PM by Nigel W »

Offline Darcus

• Follower
Re: Camden Issue PCN to a Two Year Old Boy Who Owns a Plastic Pedal Car!
« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
Is he appealing to PATAS?
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

Nigel W

« Reply #2 on: 12 June, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
Is he appealing to PATAS?

He is appealing to his mum!

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 13 June, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
How on earth did they issue a PCN to something that hasn't got a VRM?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player