Author Topic: What do you make of this?  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
What do you make of this?
« on: 01 July, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
A letter which will allegedly stalemate PCNs http://fmotl.com/FixedPenaltyChargeNotice.htm

It seems a bit like declaring your back garden as an independent country or something but there might be something in it.
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Nigel W

Re: What do you make of this?
« Reply #1 on: 01 July, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
Taken from the "Template Letter":

"You have apparently made allegations of criminal conduct against me.

1. Upon proof of claim that I am a ‘person’ and not a human being.
2. Upon proof of claim that you know what a ‘person’ actually is, legally speaking.
3. Upon proof of claim that you know what the difference between a ‘human being’ and a ‘person’ actually is, legally speaking."

First, it is not a criminal matter, who that person is is irrelevant, and the liability rests with the already identified owner of the vehicle.  Any council is entitled to disregard such irrelevance.
« Last Edit: 01 July, 2012, 10:45:48 PM by Nigel W »

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 04 July, 2012, 07:17:07 AM »
Yes, I did notice the "criminal" bit and thought a lot of it was pretty vexatious. Any mileage in any of it?
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Nigel W

« Reply #3 on: 04 July, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
I don't think so Bruce.  :(

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 04 July, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
Yes, I did notice the "criminal" bit and thought a lot of it was pretty vexatious. Any mileage in any of it?

I think there may be depending on the authority involved and if you have no other grounds.  Barnet are useless so they may just say ok cancel it as they do not understand it.  Got to be worth a try mate.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #5 on: 04 July, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
Barnet issued this ticket at 11:04 am 4 mins. after the restriction became operative.  The CEO probably started preparing it at 11 am.

"On the balance of probabilities, I prefer the timings of the civil evidence officer and am satisfied that the vehicle was parked in contravention and the penalty charge notice was lawfully issued.

Accordingly this appeal is refused."

Most authorities have a published parking protocol. Barnet do not:

Hammersmith & Fulham's PARKING ENFORCEMENT PROTOCOL

Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place.

Observation Period: Minimum of 5 minutes observation.

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 05 July, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
For City of Westminster's Enforcement Code of Practice, go to

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/services/transportandstreets/parking/policies-and-reports/

and follow the 4th link (Enforcement Code of Practice v1.7).

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player