Author Topic: What idiot authorised and erected this sign?  (Read 4306 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
What idiot authorised and erected this sign?
« on: 08 July, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
And on BE's manor too.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: What idiot authorised and erected this sign?
« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
Ah yes this is slightly ahead of the game, they have obviously decided that we should drive on the right like our European neighbours. But due to financial constraints on staffing levels and capital expenditure, they are going to phase in the drive on the right roads over the next five years. Oh and roads beginning with letters A,B,C & D are going to be change first. This will give ample opportunity for the $camera cars to recoup the cost over the length of the program.    :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »
Actually there is a street in London that you must drive on the right by an act of Parliament. Any one know where it is? <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2012, 12:11:03 AM »
Actually there is a street in London that you must drive on the right by an act of Parliament. Any one know where it is? <_>

It is the one outside the Savoy Pat, but more importantly, why is this sign necessary? Or is that what you mean BGB?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2012, 12:26:37 AM »
WHAT A BUNCH OF FECKING WANKERS
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 09 July, 2012, 01:04:16 AM »
WHAT A BUNCH OF FECKING WANKERS

Or is it WECKING  FANKERS
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #6 on: 09 July, 2012, 01:40:18 AM »

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 09 July, 2012, 04:33:09 AM »
"It is the one outside the Savoy Pat, but more importantly, why is this sign necessary? Or is that what you mean BGB?"

It has been erected just past the one way slip road off Green Lanes.  This is a very short section of road. 

It never ceases to amaze me how traffic signs like this can even be made let alone erected.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 09 July, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »

It is the one outside the Savoy Pat, but more importantly, why is this sign necessary? Or is that what you mean BGB?

Correct BE it is Savoy Court.  Hmm this thread has given me an idea.  :idea:

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 09 July, 2012, 07:53:09 AM »
but more importantly, why is this sign necessary? Or is that what you mean BGB?

This sign is dangerous, as it suggests one should drive on the right.

How does the council order, receive and erect such a sign without noticing it is wrong?

How much extra did it cost to procure a non-standard sign?

And how many CEOs walk past it each day and fail to report it?

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 09 July, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
If I were to have an accident I could blame the Council as I was complying with the sign.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 09 July, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »
but more importantly, why is this sign necessary? Or is that what you mean BGB?
How does the council order, receive and erect such a sign without noticing it is wrong?

And how many CEOs walk past it each day and fail to report it?

It's because everyone assumes that everyone in the chain knows what they're doing - which clearly, in this case, they don't!
There is a saying in my job - "Assume makes an Ass out of U and Me"

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 09 July, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
Interestingly, if you look on Googlemaps (Compton Road, junction with Green Lanes, Enfield) the sign apparently has been there since 2009.  In that time, the whole sign post has been replaced/repainted from grey to black) and parking restrictions added.  And no one noticed/did anything about it!

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 09 July, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »
Are these signs in the wrong place

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #14 on: 10 July, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »
The one on the right could have just been put on the wrong way round, but the one on the left is definitely wrong it should be the same as the one on the right!

Did any of those cars get a PCN by any chance?
« Last Edit: 10 July, 2012, 12:45:18 AM by DastardlyDick »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player