Author Topic: Faux schunt 14/07 12  (Read 1615 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Faux schunt 14/07 12
« on: 14 July, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
All I can say is, we gave it a go and the weather beat us.

We met, as planned, in Newham ready for our regular Saturday bash. It was lashing it down and poor Coco was soaked to the bone before he even started. We sat in somewhere far more congenial to bikers, and had a nice chat whist conferring on NTM matters generally and chewing the fat. The weather was atrocious and we hoped it would clear. It didn't.

At one point there was a puddle in the car park where I believe the Olympic swimming team could have trained. We had some teas and coffees. Then we had some more.

Then we looked at the forecast for London. More torrential rain was forecast.

Now as much as I love $chunting, there comes a time when common sense must prevail. We decided that today was not going to be good for anyone riding a bike and headed off home in the continuing downpour.

I later got a text from Ewan asking if anyone was still about. He was in a more suitable and less damp mode of transport, but he was looking for some action. He found it.

Last time I heard he had saved three motorists from committing offences in Park Avenue, Newham, but I am sure there were more. Made me feel like a wimp. Thanks Ewan! :bashy: :bashy: :pmsl:

Next week though... ;)

P.s. Thanks to Coco, BGB, and Boyo for braving the conditions. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: I would say thanks to Ewan for the same, but he was in his cage and it doesn't count. :P Sincere thanks to him also (just kidding previously) :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:, and I hope he gets that photo he wanted (he will understand what I mean ;D).
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Faux schunt 14/07 12
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Faux $chunt my hairy ar  :o e! There was plenty of action to be had late afternoon. I got to Browning Road about quarter to four but it was clear. I rang BE and found out that he was 'batting from the other end of the pavilion' and had gone home. Next stop was Park Avenue. Bingo! someone's about to get assisted. I plotted up and got a save almost immediately. As I was writing a text to the slightly damp eagle I got a couple more quick ones and had to do a quick edit before sending. The advantage of having a car is the extra space to carry bits, like the mother of all brollies which came in handy because the heavens opened again. Under cover of the brolly I got some more saves. When I explained the set up to one driver, his passenger got out, walked over to the $car driver and congratulated him on what a fine job he was doing in keeping the streets safe. That conversation was assumed. I was too far away to hear what was being said and he might have been saying something entirely different. A short time after, a back up weasel walked over from the direction of the Bond villain's evil base and got into the passenger seat. A little after that they both went off to find a suitable dogging site. At least that's where I think they went. Nine confirmed saves in fifty minutes. I'll take that.

Next on the agenda was Eric Clarke Lane. Another one in need of assistance. Very quiet this one, only one save in an hour and ten minutes but the look on the $car driver's face when he threw the towel in was priceless. I got the impression I wasn't appreciated. So there you have it. Don't send BE out to do a job for you or you'll end up having to do it yourself. Sorry BE, couldn't resist that one!

Seriously though weasels, we are likely to turn up at any time, in any weather, on any day. That is our commitment to you.

Doing the job properly so you don't have to.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #2 on: 15 July, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
I consider myself suitably scolded. :schucks:

Reminds me of most of my school reports. "Could do better".
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 15 July, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Just kidding. It's no fun on a bike when it's pissing down. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt wet knackers.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player