Author Topic: Don't dare criticise the Olympics or they'll send the boys round  (Read 17832 times)

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Don't dare criticise the Olympics or they'll send the boys round
« Reply #45 on: 18 August, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
While I do feel sorry for the small traders that may have lost money in this, at the end of the day, when you decide to set up your own business, you accept that there are risks attached. You also accept that the only person who has a responsibility towards your business is you, it's also down to you to research any offer made to you and make your desision on that research, and if it goes wrong, it's down to you.
I can't see how these traders imagine that the Council has any liability towards them - if people decide not to go to a place, they won't go and no-one can force them to.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #46 on: 18 August, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
I did wonder what they thought was going to happen. Unless you're offering high class spankings at a grand a time, twenty grand in two weeks just to break even is quite a big ask.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #47 on: 21 August, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
I am the first one to admit team GB did rather well at the recent Olympics but I sat down last night and watched the new series of Our war: Into the hornets nest and must say even welled up at the end, absolutely harrowing.

Although its nice to see our champions receive their medals I would fall far short of calling them heroes, the true heroes are out there in Afghanistan and they never receive a gold medal a knighthood or British empire orders.

« Last Edit: 21 August, 2012, 10:29:42 PM by tommy the trumpet »
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #48 on: 21 August, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
 :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: Wot Tommy said.  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #49 on: 21 August, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »
I am the first one to admit team GB did rather well at the recent Olympics but I sat down last night and watched the new series of Our war: Into the hornets nest and must say even welled up at the end, absolutely harrowing.

Although its nice to see our champions receive their medals I would fall far short of calling them heroes, the true heroes are out there in Afghanistan and they never receive a gold medal a knighthood or British empire orders.

Well said!
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #50 on: 21 August, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
Apparently, some medals are harder to earn than others.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #51 on: 22 August, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »

Simply  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #52 on: 24 August, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »

Yep
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #53 on: 25 August, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »

Yep

Again.............. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player