Author Topic: Nearly A $hunt  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Nearly A $hunt
« on: 25 July, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »
On my way back from an appointment on Tuesday a $car crossed my path, so I thought I'd try and confirm the theory that they always return to base when our assistance vehicles are about.

Now, I was just in a teashirt and shorts (yes I know) so it wasn't obvious to the driver who I was, so I pulled up next to at some lights where he could clearly see the NTM sticker on the bike, so we end up on the Blackwall tunnel approach, get as far as the Old Ford junction where he does an about turn and goes in the opposite direction, I think he wanted to confirm his suspicions about me, so, with suspicions confirmed as I followed, he went straight back to base and parked up.

Theory confirmed, very odd that they'd rather not do what we pay for when they have potential assistance, after all, we only want them to achieve their statutory goal, don't we :-ev-:

As I was due to visit family in Kent I continued with my day, with a nice smile on my face
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Nearly A $hunt
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
If I were a Hackney taxpayer KS, I might be writing a letter to ask for me money back. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 25 July, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
Well the contractor will get paid regardless.
However the Council are not getting any thing in return for their sorry you're money.  <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2012, 05:03:19 AM »
I'll call that a $chunt. If he's been chased back to the weasel's nest, he's not at his intended destination (a quiet spot where he can thieve money.) Some motorists get to spend next months salary on import ants tuff like feeding their families. Good job.

:dancing:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.