Author Topic: Who are the webmaster, administrators and moderators?  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Martin

• Follower
Who are the webmaster, administrators and moderators?
« on: 07 August, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »
May we ask for [Forum] name checks on the identities of the webmaster, administrators and moderators, and also a list of those members banned from the list?  [Or will this thread be removed? / Will I now be banned?]

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Who are the webmaster, administrators and moderators?
« Reply #1 on: 07 August, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
You can ask all you want. Whether an answer is forthcoming or not is another matter. I know Phoenix and Esinem have been banned and possibly everyone who voted the wrong way in Esinem's poll. No answers are forthcoming so I will fill in the gaps myself. It's all getting a bit animal farm around here.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline rs101

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »
I'd like to know as well - there are problems with the list of forums displayed. I've messaged Web Admin about it a couple of times, but no response.

I see more forums listed when I'm not logged in than when I am.

For example, I can't see 'General No To Mob Discussion' when logged in.. but can see it on the list of recently posted topics and can post it to.

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 07 August, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »
You can ask all you want. Whether an answer is forthcoming or not is another matter. I know Phoenix and Esinem have been banned and possibly everyone who voted the wrong way in Esinem's poll. No answers are forthcoming so I will fill in the gaps myself. It's all getting a bit animal farm around here.

Four wheels good; two wheels better ?  :D

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #4 on: 07 August, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »
May we ask for [Forum] name checks on the identities of the webmaster, administrators and moderators, and also a list of those members banned from the list?

The webmaster is simply a way of getting a message to someone with admin privileges - and is in commonplace use on most websites.

The forum Admin group comprises:
billie.skeggs
Coco
ForumAdmin
Kill Switch
Pat Pending
rs2k
The Bald Eagle
Web Admin

The Global Moderators are:
Bennage
Coco
Kill Switch   
Pat Pending
peperami gsxr
rs2k

Regarding the ban list, There are currently over 7,700 bans in place. And, before you ask, no, this is not because we have a draconian admin team.  :D  The vast majority of these are banned as a result of being included in one or more of the internet blacklists as being known spammers and trolls.

If, as I suspect, you are trying to learn who has been banned as a result of recent events, these are:
Nigel W
The Phoenix
Logistics Manager
Esinem

Or will this thread be removed? / Will I now be banned?

Two questions and the answer to each one is "No!"

Offline rs101

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: 07 August, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
Who would be the best to PM regarding forum problems?

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 07 August, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »
Many thanks - much appreciated !  :)

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:19:09 PM »
For example, I can't see 'General No To Mob Discussion' when logged in.. but can see it on the list of recently posted topics and can post it to.

Can you confirm that, on the Home Page, you have the "General Category" section expanded by clicking the arrow next to Unread Posts on the right hand side.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

billie.skeggs has fixings to computermabob.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 07 August, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
I think it should be noted that The Phoenix had previously said that he "was off to fight PCNs" and then decided to make a bit of a "come back" to stir things up, which apparently got him banned.

Unfortunately, one of those banned people is now over on another forum doing some muck raking.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #10 on: 07 August, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »

You could send a pm to any of the active admin group in my post above. (Probably the best ones to address would be billie.skeggs or myself)

We are still having to work through the error list at present - just under 5,500 of them - so a more permanent contact arrangement may take a bit of time!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 07 August, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »
billie somehow knew it was going to be a long day when he removed the server's maintenance cover.

Offline rs101

• Civilian
« Reply #12 on: 07 August, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

Can you confirm that, on the Home Page, you have the "General Category" section expanded by clicking the arrow next to Unread Posts on the right hand side.

erm.. I shall crawl back under my rock.. I didn't notice that! I can now see 4 subforums under General Category...

One last question - I used to be able to view the schunt reports, but can't now?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 07 August, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »

I used to be able to view the schunt reports, but can't now?

Your hide/reveal arrow might be the wrong way up.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #14 on: 07 August, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »
One last question - I used to be able to view the schunt reports, but can't now?

@ rs101

Because of the way we have reconfigured the site, some boards will be lost to certain (shall we say) less active members who may have signed up just to look at everything we put up in the past. With respect, you are an admitted lurker (and you are not criticised for this), but continued participation in the forum may well reveal things you may not be able to see at present.

Hope this helps.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player