Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 4680 times)

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #15 on: 22 August, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »
well it is quiet a bit as well it is holiday season.. and well voldemoult hasnt been able to post endless amounts of posts...

i havent been $CHUNTING much due to current personal issues as well now without a bike..... for now...

but i still check in here every day and reply when i feel i have something to input..

i am aware there is a few things going on behind the scenes.. but same time im sure we could all come up with some ideas of stuff to do and look into ..

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 22 August, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
Well, I wrote to my MP about the "Appeals Service" that the BPA were setting up on behalf of their members.

I pointed out that such a "service" could hardly be considered "independent" when the organisation that was setting it up was totally "dependent" on their members who were the ones that would be being appealed against...

He says that he is looking into it. We'll see.

However, (unlike some people who have posted on this forum) I really didn't think it was worth posting every single little thing...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #17 on: 22 August, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
However, (unlike some people who have posted on this forum) I really didn't think it was worth posting every single little thing...

Quite agree Bob, that's what Twatter is for
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #18 on: 22 August, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #20 on: 26 August, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
"Where is everbody?"

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I've been in the Isle of Wight for the last week or so, and made the conscious decision not to access the interweb thingy while I was there.

And I can vouch for the fact that there are lots of scooterists on the IoW this weekend (see TTT's earlier post) because we had several of them staying at the same B&B as us (the riders not the scooters). Noisy little buggers they were (the scooters not the riders).

I was told by one of the riders that a couple of years ago they estimated there were 15,000 scooters attending the rally, and I can believe that might be true having witnessed the arrival of our ferry which had to unload at least 200 bikes. We saw two other ferries on our way back too and these had a similar number on them. When we docked there were at least another hundred queueing to get on, with more arriving by the minute.

I had to smile when the ferry was unloading the 200 aforementioned bikes though. Unfortunately, the vast majority of riders had forsaken the practicality of a decent wet suit for the sake of style, and were last seen heading off to their rallying points in a torrential downpour that would have made short work of their parkas and ordinary trousers. I wouldn't have thought the drowned rat look was the one they were aiming for. :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player