Author Topic: Chatham bus lane/gate PCN  (Read 7980 times)

Offline armpowered

• Follower
Chatham bus lane/gate PCN
« on: 18 September, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »
Hi,

Just trying to seek advice before approaching the traffic penalty tribunal. A few days after returning from holiday in Kent I received a PCN for driving in a bus lane in Chatham (the Waterfront Bus Depot?). I have had my appeal rejected despite claiming that on realising I'd entered the bus lane there was now way out.

I've now found this success with the tribunal for a driver following the same route that I did, http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2012/september/14/bus_fine.aspx.

Has anyone had any similar success or can provide advice/guidance with regard approaching the TPT ?

TIA

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Chatham bus lane/gate PCN
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »
Hi Tia and welcome. We have been helping the man in question (Peter Willson) with this and I was at his TPT hearing to help him. I did tell him that I thought the council would appeal this ticket and it has unfortunately come to pass.

However, since you have the same problem as Peter, and are prepared to take it to the TPT, I am sure that we will be able to help you with your case, since it will stand or fall alongside Peter's ticket.

Please check your personal messages. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 18 September, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »
Don't you just love the council's response. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

"...they not only face a fine but they run the risk of causing injury to the tens of thousands of passengers, including school children, that use it every week."

Now correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but wasn't this the same council who opened this bus gate without laying down a single zebra crossing to enable pedestrians safe passage across the busy bus lanes?

And correct me if I'm wrong again (I'm not), but when they finally bowed to pressure and did lay down some zebra crossings, didn't they forget a load of zig zag lines that would ensure the safety of the tens of thousands of passengers, including school children that use them every week? :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

And since it is admitted by the council that ""It is is dangerous to drive through the bus station, which is for buses and taxis only,..." perhaps that same Medway council spokesperson who fed the paper this bullshit line would also like to explain to us mere mortals exactly why it is less dangerous to be knocked down by a bus or taxi? Surely to be entirely safe it would be far better if all traffic was banned, or better still, let all traffic use it as a road, and ban all those pesky pedestrians who have a nasty habit of throwing themselves in front of motor vehicles that have the right of way in the first place. <_>

And don't even get me started on "..."this car was fined..." :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
There are supposedly 90 people per day, whom the council make no effort whatsoever to stop, driving through the bus station. This raises a few questions;

How many collisions between pedestrians and private motor cars are the council aware of since the mother of all white elephants was opened?
How many near misses?
How many or what percentage of the first two include, ahem, school children?
Exactly how big a dick do you need to be to find yourself on the council?
How is the most dangerous form of transport known to man made safe by attaching a taxi sign to it's roof with some double sided tape or similar?

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 18 September, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »
Ewan I think you will find that "accidents" occur with private vehicles, and once you have purchased a private hire licence or drive a Bus they become "attempted Suicide or the  Pedestrians fault" simples!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #5 on: 18 September, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
I have heard that theory before.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
And this will also be the Car Drivers fault no doubt.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline armpowered

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 28 September, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
Can I just express my thanks to The Bald Eagle for all his help and advice with this, appeal has just been emailed to the TPT.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 08 October, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
Maybe Medway council should take a close look at this before insisting that they have fully complied with their obligations to put up the right signs. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/new-Bath-bus-gate-signs-left-council-counting/story-16998620-detail/story.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 12 October, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player