Author Topic: Popla  (Read 69103 times)

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Re: Popla
« Reply #120 on: 05 June, 2013, 01:13:13 PM »
Waffly in parts but stick with it..

Some interesting numbers in the stats at the end.
Willing to do my bit...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #121 on: 05 June, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
The way I read it, it appears to be an idiots (weasel's) guide for the PPCs as to how to give Popla the right information so that they can find in favour of the idiots more often.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my guide to appealing to Popla:

1. Demand that the PPC provide a copy of their genuine pre estimate of loss and all supporting documents per 19.5 of the BPA Ltd.'s Code of Practice.

THE END

----------------------------------------------------------------

40 pages of waffle my hairy arse! :P
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #122 on: 08 June, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »
For the record, here is the link to Parking Prankster relating to Popla's breaches of the Data Protection Act.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/popla-potentially-ignoring-data.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #123 on: 09 July, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
Another nail in the Popla coffin.

How can they deal fairly and justly with an appeal, when they limit the driver's ability to put their case? :bashy:

High court Judge to the main witness in a murder case:

"Well thank you very much for your testimony Mr XXXXX, but even though we haven't got to the most crucial part that may convict or acquit the defendant I'm afraid our system is not capable of storing any more of your words."

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/popla-technical-incompetence-causes.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #124 on: 22 July, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
It would seem that even Popla are starting to get the "genuine pre-estimate of loss" point. Score one more for the educated motorist. :dancing: :party: :dancing: :party:

The signage produced in evidence by the Operator states that a parking charge notice would be issued for “failure to comply” with the parking conditions. This wording appears to indicate that the parking charge represents damages for a breach of the parking contract. Accordingly, the charge must be a genuine pre-estimate of loss. The estimate must be based upon loss flowing from a breach of the parking terms.

The Operator submitted that they believe that the charge is “fair and reasonable and in accordance to the British Parking Association’s guidelines”. This does not represent a loss resulting from a breach.

Consequently, I have no evidence before me to refute the Appellant’s submission that the parking charge is unenforceable.

I must allow the appeal on this ground.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62523165
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #125 on: 22 July, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
Quote from: A galactically stupid weasel
........the charge is fair and reasonable and in accordance to the British Parking Association’s guidelines

ahem! 19.5 If the parking charge that the driver is being asked to pay is for a breach of contract or act of trespass, this charge must be based on the genuine pre-estimate of loss that you suffer.

For the record the DVLA's £2.50 and POPLA's £27 are a consequence of you pursuing the unenforceable claim and not part of your loss, as discovered in VCS Vs. Ibbotson.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline parkingcowboys

• Civilian
« Reply #126 on: 22 July, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
And, also significantly, POPLA have upheld an appeal for a contractual charge where the PPC could not demonstrate that the parking charge was not punitive.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=78049

As long as people do a little research, everyone should be able to win their POPLA appeal. Helpfully, I've put together this handy little guide ;-)

parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla/

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #127 on: 22 July, 2013, 11:05:37 PM »
Cue another re-write of the BPAs guidelines?

Offline booksearch

• Follower
« Reply #128 on: 27 July, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »
Bombshell revelation by the Prankster about Popla - you HAVE to read this stuff!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline I am Spartacus

• Follower
« Reply #129 on: 27 July, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/popla-caught-secretly-coaching-parking.html

I have read it and very interesting it is too.

It appears that Nickerless and Henrius are not the honorable and truly independent senators they have portrayed themselves to be.

Unfortunately for them however, they have inadvertently walked into my gladiatorial arena and unlike G24 Ltd. I will not be running screaming from it like a little girl.

I've been having a chat with Santa and we are hatching a plan. ;) I will unveil it on here soon.

Watch this space...
I'm Spartacus and so's my wife

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #130 on: 27 July, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »
Good on you Spartacus. Hopefully we'll have those bastards fighting hungry lions by the end of the week.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Parking Prankster

• Follower
« Reply #131 on: 27 July, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »
As Henrius is on holiday, the lions may have to be held back for a while

EDW2000

« Reply #132 on: 28 July, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
If Greenslade, a barrister, has been involved in coaching he may find himself in serious hot water.

Need more info.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #133 on: 29 July, 2013, 09:50:13 AM »
Need more info.

Steady boy. All good things come to those who wait. dr00L
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #134 on: 29 July, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »
I wonder if Henrius is enjoying his holiday?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player