Author Topic: REPAIRS  (Read 4505 times)

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
REPAIRS
« on: 01 March, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »
Just phone up a honda bike shop to find out how much would it be for a new chain and sprocket. 
Was told £130.00 for the honda kit and £47 for fixing it onto my bike.   is this to much???
I live in woodgreen n22 does anyone know of a garage or bike shops that are cheaper??
Or does anyone know where i can get the parts from and does anyone know how to fix them on?
I've got  vt125 honda shadow 58 plate.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: REPAIRS
« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2011, 03:17:45 PM »
Give essential rubber a call mate - 020 7987 5144    http://essentialrubbertyres.co.uk/Chains_%26_Sprockets.html

They are A12, just before blackwall tunnel... :)

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2011, 04:00:05 PM »
sounds about right for honda parts.....i paid that recently for my vfr......may get them cheaper on ebay but make sure they are new and the right ones....they may be cheaper patent ones.....

they're not that difficult to fit but £47 for labour sounds ok...prob 45 minutes or an hour they've charged you. will take you twice that!!
Easy Rider

Offline whiteshadow1969

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »
Thank you guys for the info :aplude: :aplude:
Went to 1st line motorcyles today where i got my bike from saw the bloke in the shop,
I told him that my chain came off at the weekend,and that i might need a new chain and sprockets.
He check my bike over and said that i did'nt need to change my chain and sprockets. :dancing:
Also while i was there he checked over my bike and gave it a mini service  :aplude: :aplude: ;D ;D
The best part of it all,was it did'nt cost me a penny :dancing: :dancing:

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »
Quote from: "whiteshadow1969"
Thank you guys for the info :aplude: :aplude:
Went to 1st line motorcyles today where i got my bike from saw the bloke in the shop,
I told him that my chain came off at the weekend,and that i might need a new chain and sprockets.
He check my bike over and said that i did'nt need to change my chain and sprockets. :dancing:
Also while i was there he checked over my bike and gave it a mini service  :aplude: :aplude: ;D ;D
The best part of it all,was it did'nt cost me a penny :dancing: :dancing:

That's brilliant mate, 1St Line, Well done that shop, you jusy got suporters, and all you did was behave well  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »
Quote from: "whiteshadow1969"
Just phone up a honda bike shop to find out how much would it be for a new chain and sprocket. 
Was told £130.00 for the honda kit and £47 for fixing it onto my bike.   is this to much???
I live in woodgreen n22 does anyone know of a garage or bike shops that are cheaper??
Or does anyone know where i can get the parts from and does anyone know how to fix them on?
I've got  vt125 honda shadow 58 plate.

mate depends on chain Prob cheap one will do on a 125 but I just got a D.I.D for a 660 and cost me £180 fitted.
I would recommend  calling motorcycle service centre on harrow road as I have always found them very helpful.
but also as KS says essential rubber are good.
depends on convenience really mate
sounds like your dealer is cool enough  ;)
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 02 March, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
i use 1st line, they're a pretty honest bunch there. they wont always be the cheapest being a honda dealer but they'll normally tell if you'll get it cheaper.

they are good for lending a helping hand for nowt, they tightened my chain for me once for free while i was there dribbling over other bikes :)

they have NTBPT stuff there too :)
Easy Rider

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player