Author Topic: Advice sought on whether this PCN from a Bexley Council Camera Car is valid?  (Read 3271 times)

Offline AppealBexleyPCN

• Civilian
Hi all,

I have received a PCN & NTO from a Bexley Council Camera Car (eventually - the first I knew of it was when I received an Order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge from Northampton County Court!) which I do not consider to be valid.

The contravention code is 62J Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway (camera enforcement)

Upon reviewing the photographic evidence, I can see I may have been parked on a crossover adjacent to a dual carriageway while waiting to pick up a passenger (I am a Private Hire Driver and as such have a responsibility to my customers and The Public Carriage Office to pick passengers up and drop them off in as safe a way as possible - being parked on a dual carriageway waiting to get hit up the rear by a foreign lorry driver is not safe in my opinion!) The camera car was (supposedly) covering the Bus Stop on the opposite side of the dual carriageway.

I consider it invalid because the location is totally wrong and is listed as a road 5.2 miles from where the photographic evidence places my vehicle.

I (foolishly?) sent representations stating that at no point had my vehicle entered that road on the day in question and as such the contravention did not occur, the penalty exceeded the relevant amount and that there has been a procedural impropriety on the part of the enforcement authority and asked them to inform me when the PCN had been cancelled.

I have now received a Notice of Rejection of Representations (surprise?) and a PATAS form.

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit but I would be grateful for any advice.

(Also posted on PePiPoo)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Can you please post a copy of the PCN with your personal details redacted out? Will help if we can but Pepipoo is an excellent site for this type of thing and I would expect you will get some very good advice there too.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player