Author Topic: The Register and Help-desk Hell  (Read 2771 times)

Offline javabike

• Follower
The Register and Help-desk Hell
« on: 03 December, 2012, 05:17:40 AM »
Some humour from help desks.

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/containing/1646147
Indian Help Desk Operative

I know a lot of people have issues with some overseas contact centres, but once in a while you get a gem like this.

Me - hi, I am having an issue with my broadband router

Them - thank you for calling, can I take your account number

Me - bear with me

Them - Sir! you must leave your house right away

Me - eh?

Them - it is very dangerous to have a bear in your house, your could be killed, please hang up and leave.

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/containing/1646157

I work in an organisation where HR is obsessive compulsive about all things politically correct regardless of the stupidity of the situation.

Recently Brother, our main printer supplier, has started to ship printers made in black plastic rather than the more normal cream. When we first saw these we all had a good laugh about the calls we would get about problems with the "black brothers". It should be added that two of the people most mocking of the situation happen to be of West Indian descent. Given the comedy value we agreed that the first few support calls we got for these printers should be handled by these two guys just for the laugh. They were all in favour of this and promised to report back.

A couple of days later some HR droid phoned up to whinge about problems with his new black brother (we had primed the helpdesk to ask users of the new printers what colour they were). One of the lads is duly dispatched to HR, arrives in the open plan office and loudly announces "Who's got a problem with a black brother". Apparently the only noise was that of jaws colliding with desks. He then announces "So, your all allright with the black brothers then?". More silence. "Right I'll close the call then" and walks out.

For some reason they never called back to reopen the call.

Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: The Register and Help-desk Hell
« Reply #1 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
"Bear with me." Priceless.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.