Author Topic: Drayton Park, Islington, bus lane/width restriction whatever it is *UPDATE*  (Read 10110 times)

EDW2000

anyone who can get a recent photo would be useful.

http://goo.gl/maps/L7vCZ

**********UPDATE ALERT***************

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/controversial_holloway_road_layout_branded_illegal_leaving_islington_council_facing_1million_payout_1_2022375

Controversial Holloway road layout branded illegal – leaving Islington Council facing £1million payout

« Last Edit: 30 April, 2013, 04:04:53 PM by EDW2000 »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Drayton Park, Islington, bus lane (thing) width restriction whatever it is
« Reply #1 on: 22 December, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
WTF is that supposed to be?!?!

It certainly can't be enforced as a bus lane/gate.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

EDW2000

« Last Edit: 22 December, 2012, 02:19:04 PM by EDW2000 »

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
I read about this somewhere but where is it....If the boss/transport manager of a company pays a fine how does the driver/ employee stand if HE wants to appeal the charge a colleague has been told to cough up having gone through the Dayton Park width restriction in Islington 

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
I read about this somewhere but where is it....If the boss/transport manager of a company pays a fine how does the driver/ employee stand if HE wants to appeal the charge a colleague has been told to cough up having gone through the Dayton Park width restriction in Islington 

i think the short answer is that once a PCN has been paid, then no appeal can be lodged. if the person who comitted the contravention is told to cough up by his/her  employer it would probably depend on what their Contract of Employment says regarding the matter.

Offline Piquet

• Follower

Similar scenario, see here http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,1757.msg14096.html#msg14096
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

EDW2000

updated see first post.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Semi good news. I see the council are typically hanging onto the money unless it is prised from their vice like grip. The comments from that article are of some interest. Especially the first one from Caroline Russell, and I quote; "And I'd be interested to know who the residents are described as requesting it. We were first told that councillors had requested it. It was certainly not requested at the Highbury West Ward partnership meetings. It was also done without considering that its on a Connect 2 Walking and cycling route. The design is more suited to a multi-lane highway than a residential road. They could have policed the lorry ban with the camera and widened the pavements making the road a more pleasant place to be for the 65% of residents who have no access to a car or van. Shocking waste of resources."
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

EDW2000

Re: Drayton Park, Islington, refunds now on offer!
« Reply #8 on: 29 May, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
I warned them but they wouldn't listen and now look what's happened.

http://www.islington.gov.uk/services/parking-roads/parking/parking-tickets/Pages/default.aspx?extra=6

Penalty charge notices
Refunds for fines at Drayton Park width restriction

If you have paid a fine at the Drayton Park width restriction, when Islington Council was enforcing between November 2012 and April 2013,  Islington Council is refunding these as a gesture of goodwill. Please email islingtonpcnappeals@civica.co.uk

If you have details of the original PCN number, please provide that, together with your vehicle registration number, and name and address.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Well how about making a request to the Auditors to declare any income illegal revenue. That way they cannot keep it!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Very Good News - Congratulations to all involved  :aplude:  :aplude:  :aplude:

One thing does occur to me though - how many people will have actually kept a record of the PCN number and thus be able to claim their money back?
Typical bloody weaselly Council tossers!  >:(

EDW2000

my gut feeling/guess is that they will end up refunding about 10% but an FOI request in a few months
will clarify things.

What they should do is contact the DVLA and ask for permission to contact the Reg Keepers and ask them to apply for a refund.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
my gut feeling/guess is that they will end up refunding about 10% but an FOI request in a few months
will clarify things.

What they should do is contact the DVLA and ask for permission to contact the Reg Keepers and ask them to apply for a refund.

They don't need to contact the DVLA again because they already have the details on their system. How else did they send all those lovely tickets to the registered keepers at their home addresses in the first place!?

There is no excuse for not paying the money back directly. They should be writing to everyone who had to pay, sending them an application form offering their money back. This offer to pay back should have a limit of say 6 months, after which all of the remaining illegally derived income should go to a local registered charity. That is what happened at Hemel Hempstead although I cannot recall the exact time limit they placed on it.

However, Islington council may yet change their minds and decide to pay the money back.

Watch this space... ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

EDW2000

I may well have a PATAS 'torpedo' that is swimming its' way to City of WasteMonster. :-ev-:

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
I may well have a PATAS 'torpedo' that is swimming its' way to City of WasteMonster. :-ev-:

Now that, I do look forward to  ;D
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player