Author Topic: Try Lordship Lane, SE22 for lots of Mobile CAmera Cars  (Read 1797 times)

Offline RH

• Civilian
Try Lordship Lane, SE22 for lots of Mobile CAmera Cars
« on: 15 January, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Hello All,
Lordship Lane, East Dulwich in SE London SE22 around Barclays bank and Somerfield area especially- is full of camera cars.
If you look at forums people are caught all the time and while I was parked two other cars joined me. This would be a very good place for one of your $camera-Car-Hunting days as they are all over the main shopping area and side streets. Especially targeting the 7-10am Bus Lane Operation.
http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,806704

I was caught out when I parked in a parking bay in  a Bus Lane - with no parking bay information signs outside Somerfield .
Is appealing about the parking side and no times of useage enough? I have been charged for bing in a Bus Lane.
Do I have contest along these lines regarding the Bus Lane legalities. ?
They have not placed a repeater sign after the next side road but does that invalidate the entire Bus Lane?

"Repeater signs at regular intervals (approximately every 300m) and after  every side road. "

The Bus Lane is broken by a crossing and therefore needs another Bus Lane sign? etc.

Looked here for help http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/bus.htm
But need more information. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Just to let all know - the council are not contending my appeal. Despite the two previous letters from them insisting I was in the wrong.....

Keep up the fantastic service.
 :D
« Last Edit: 26 January, 2013, 10:20:58 PM by RH »

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Try Lordship Lane, SE22 for lots of Mobile CAmera Cars
« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »
AFAIK, if there's no timeplate telling you when you can and can't park in a bay, then it's unenforcable, which is probably why you're being 'stuck on' for being in a bus lane. I think that so long as there's a correct bus lane sign at the start of the bus lane then you're 'bang to rights'.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player