Author Topic: NTBPT website  (Read 12836 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
NTBPT website
« on: 28 January, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
As you may know if subscribed to the NTBPT mailing list the NTBPT were sent a letter before action from Peter Large. In that LBA Mr Large claimed that he intended to contact other websites with a similar grievance. He then sent a request to the NTBPT provider drawing their attention to the accusations he was making asking them if they would pull the plug on the whole website. Once the hosting provider has been informed of the complaint they also become responsible for the words published on a website. The normal industry practise is for the hosting provider to contact their client (NTBPT) to discuss the matter, normally requesting that the specific content in question is taken off the website. The hosting provider will want to be satisfied that there is no case to answer. However some hosting providers will take the easier option and not wish to mediate, and take the cheaper option and disconnect the website from the Internet.

This is has happened to the NTBPT website.  ::)))

If you want to read more about defamation on the Internet and the various stages of how it goes you may find this leaflet very helpful:

http://www.notomob.co.uk/documents/So-youve-had-a-threatening-letter.pdf

As many of you are also supporters of the NTBPT it would be normal for you to want to discuss NTBPT things on here whilst their official forum is down. It’s also understandable if you have strong feelings about what has happened. All we ask is that you hold back from referring to Mr Large or any other council officers in any posts that you make .

We are busy right now, and spending our time cleaning up posts and dealing with complaints made to our hosting company would just mean we spend less time in working for NoToMob things.

So we hope you understand more about what’s going on and hang tight as this little episode unfolds.
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2011, 11:16:52 AM by Web Admin »

Offline TT

• Follower
Re: NTBPT website
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:03:22 AM »
Well that's damned unsporting of them.............how very dare they............ >:D
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2011, 11:05:53 AM by TT »
Easy Rider

Offline Nitro159

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »
Business as usual then, keep calm and carry on etc etc...

Do keep us informed please its always good to know things like this and be kept in the loop.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »
Cheek of them !  oh well, maybe use same host as wikileaks PMSL !

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
Hmmmmm.. i wonder if they have a local backup of the site as i have a host who dont really care much lol

Offline Bandit

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
Thanks for the info - good to know what's happened, and what is behind it all. Not surprisng really that an 'authority' might try to silence legitimate debate...

One might suspect that, if there was nothing to hide, less time, money and effort would be spent in trying to silence those who may question those activities.

I'm sure that it's only a temporary setback; not the first time this type of thing has happened and it will not prevent continued communication between those dedicated in their opposition to the machinations of this 'Council'
What next - shut down Trafalgar Square? Oh, that already happens twice a week already!

It may even cause them some embarrassment ultimately, so we shall wait to see how things unfold.

Disclaimer: No Individuals Have Been Named Or Harmed In The Writing Of This Message.   ;)

Offline kaychanc

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
Quote from: "billie.skeggs"
Hmmmmm.. i wonder if they have a local backup of the site as i have a host who dont really care much lol
so do i and already have a backup forum running.

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
Quote from: "kaychanc"
Quote from: "billie.skeggs"
so do i and already have a backup forum running.

ooh linky linky

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: 28 January, 2011, 12:30:59 PM »
ntbpt NoToBikeParkingTax
To find out more about what is happening at NTBPT check out ntbpt.co.uk until we have news about the main site and forum.
56 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline vespa

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: 28 January, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »
Hosts contact details, you know if you want to contact them. They roll over when one little piece of un-proven paper lands on their desk and they shut down the whole server. Totally unacceptable, what is this? Tunisia?

http://www.hwshosting.net/contact.html

Offline gordon861

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 28 January, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
I have tried phoning the host and they aren't answering the phone, but I have found their Twitter name so tweeted them as well.

Offline gordon861

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 28 January, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »
I hope the webmaster of this site is currently downloading a local copy of the site/forum database in case WCC go after this site as well.

Offline ToySoldier

• Civilian
« Reply #12 on: 28 January, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
i dont really no alot about legal stuff but im sure i read in the t&c of ntbpt main site u can not sign up if u are a member of wmc or sign up on behalf of wmc (something along thouse lines ) so they sholdent no what is on the website let along have a leg to stand on to shut it down because there breaking the t&C (im guessing Peter Large is a member of wmc if not egnore me XD)

Offline gordon861

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 28 January, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
The problem is that T&Cs are rarely actually enforceable, especially click through ones on websites.

Offline Bomber

• Follower
« Reply #14 on: 28 January, 2011, 02:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the news and link.  Sounds familiar, can't do it legally so try to fool those, who should know better (Police Officers) or want a quiet life (web hosts), to do their dirty work for them.  All the more reason to go to the NTBPT events, to keep up-to-date with news!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player