Author Topic: Harrow Christchurch Avenue/Byron road  (Read 31327 times)

Offline dannyginger

• Civilian
Harrow Christchurch Avenue/Byron road
« on: 18 January, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »
Anyone had a PCN there?
I fought mine...and just got the letter from the Harrow Council...my representation had been accepted and ticket cancelled.
The camera operator used the wrong code...
And they've been using this wrong code for a while!!!!!!!! >:D
http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t72048.html

Result!  :D

Check yours!!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Harrow Christchurch Avenue/Byron road
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
Thanks for that Dan.

The Bald Eagle is plotting... :-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline ColinT

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: 16 February, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »
For reference the code under which Harrow have been issuing PCNs at this junction is 33(b). The code they should have been using is 33(i). Details can be found at http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk/moving-traffic-offences/contraventions-for-moving-traffic-offences/contravention-code-33--34/

Offline SP2014

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »
Hi Guys,

I recieved a PCN notice yesterday for Christchurch Avenue/byron yesterday.

Alleged contravention is - 33H - Using a route restricted to certain vehicles local buses and cycles only. I was in the area first time and was lost!

Is this the correct code they used - 33H? as previous post refered to another code.

Thanks in advance, any help would be great!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 23 May, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »
Hi Guys,

I recieved a PCN notice yesterday for Christchurch Avenue/byron yesterday.

Alleged contravention is - 33H - Using a route restricted to certain vehicles local buses and cycles only. I was in the area first time and was lost!

Is this the correct code they used - 33H? as previous post refered to another code.

Thanks in advance, any help would be great!

Check your PMs ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline cherryconnect

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: 06 June, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »
Hi there,

I unfortunately have just received a PCN for the same thing - 33H - USING A ROUTE RESTRICTED TO CERTAIN VEHICLES LOCAL BUSES AND CYCLES ONLY. I had just finished using the leisure centre and took a wrong turn...

Please help!

Cherry

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 07 June, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
If you can send us copies of your pcn and any related documents with your personal details redacted I'm sure we will do all we can to help. No promises of course, but we will do our best I'm sure.

33h = local buses and cycles only (see http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,3138.msg23549.html#msg23549).

What was your direction of travel please?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline cherryconnect

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: 08 June, 2014, 10:13:22 PM »
Hi Bald Eagle,

Thank you! I've attached my PCN (It seems with the correct code 33H) and also the pics.

It was my first time driving to Harrow Leisure Centre and when leaving, following friend's verbal instructions, went on to Christchurch Avenue and then approached the roundabout to go on Masons Ave. As I drove on Christchurch Avenue there was no signs indicating a restricted route until the roundabout is in sight...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 09 June, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Since you were captured via cctv then strictly speaking the contravention code should be 33hj or 33jh. This may be regarded by some adjudicators as a "procedural impropriety" and would see your appeal allowed IF ACCEPTED. However, there is no guarantee it will be.

The council must ensure that they have the right Traffic Management Orders in place, the road is properly signed for the restriction it is imposing, and that they have the correct certification for the cameras they are using to capture the alleged offence. You can ask for this information when you appeal and the council should provide it in order that you can be satisfied that you have committed this heinous crime against humanity (that's sarcasm by the way ;) ).

Eventually you may decide to pay this one (at half rate once the appeal to the council is rejected of course), but at least you will have made the weasels work for and earn their pound of flesh.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline cherryconnect

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: 09 June, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
Thanks for that.

Basically when you exit the centre you are faced with a 'T' junction. There is a directional sign opposite, but it is not easy to see and even then unclear. If you turn right, as I did, the road is normal for about 200 yards, then you come to a bus stop, but immediately you are in a bus and cycle lane only - which of course is monitored by a camera. The advance warning was on the original obscure directional sign, 250 yards earlier.

Yes I am all for making the weasels work for every penny..

Offline cherryconnect

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: 09 June, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
I also noticed that the time of contravention on the PCN says 17:16 but in the pics at 17:16 I was already on the roundabout, it was 17:15 that I was on the restricted route. Do you think this would help argue my case?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 10 June, 2014, 12:04:06 AM »
I also noticed that the time of contravention on the PCN says 17:16 but in the pics at 17:16 I was already on the roundabout, it was 17:15 that I was on the restricted route. Do you think this would help argue my case?

I think an Adjudicator would consider this to be "de minimis" which is legal speak for "the Law does not concern itself with trifles".

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 10 June, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
They say that the vehicle make is unknown...  Come on, that is clearly a 2002 Honda Civic.  Council muppets again!
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline Sam

• Civilian
« Reply #13 on: 07 October, 2014, 09:33:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have received PCN on same route today on discussion topic, it was night time and I was not aware of any specific restriction.
I was checking on google maps and I can't see any visible sign to see restriction and looks sing was hidden behind trees. It is impossible until you reach to roundabout and see Its Bus lane or restricted route. I have attached picture to make to provide clear idea, any chance to challenge PCN? if yes, can you provide details what will challenging ground?

This is google map link to show exact route:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.591975,-0.3290583,3a,75y,240.17h,84.47t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sYIqE_OnmdJaSDwgAVJpR1A!2e0?hl=en
Please appreciate quick response as count down start for 14  day!!!

Br
Sam

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 08 October, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
What you need is a picture of the sign that is covered by the foliage AT THE TIME OF THE ALLEGED OFFENCE. Also, check that the offence code is correct per other posts on this topic.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU