Author Topic: Hackney $chunt 4/2/12  (Read 3041 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Hackney $chunt 4/2/12
« on: 10 February, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »
We (me, Kill Switch, Rs2k and Billie Skeggs) found the $car parked up round the back where the CEOs go for a cuppa. I thought it would be rude not to take some photos and I attach some for your consideration (particularly Nigel's, who will no doubt be able to tell us what the bloke who put the camera together had for breakfast that day :rotfl:).

Shortly afterwards  the operator came out and as soon as he saw us he was on his talking brooch quicker than you can say "Oh sh*t it's that lot again." He didn't look at all happy and led us back to the pen for a bit of a sulk. After about an hour (during which time KS had time to re-check the hotspots for the other $car but to no avail), the driver was off again, but only as far as a little side street next to the Town Hall in Mare Street.

He pulled in a long way up the road from the junction he was enforcing and settled down to work. And so did we. ;D  We attracted quite a crowd, and people were even coming out of the cinema across the road to ask what was going on. Once we explained about the visible deterrent (see pictures below. What do you mean you can't see it?) and how we help to make it just a little easier to see, we were given whole hearted support and lots of thumbs up.

The operator did such a good job that day his boss must have been well pleased, because after we started assisting there were zero tickets issued. :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Hackney $chunt 4/2/12
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2012, 12:54:44 AM »

The operator did such a good job that day his boss must have been well pleased, because after we started assisting there were zero tickets issued.

Top stuff lads. See, targets can be a good thing.

:aplude:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 11 February, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
That is Reading Lane I think, I got a PCN a good few moons ago whilst on my moped SCOOTER it was issued from a static CCTV though.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #3 on: 11 February, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
Excellent pictures of the camera lads. It looks like a Wonwoo WCCE-261. These are universally WRONGLY referred to by the VCA as Won-Woo or Won Woo WCC-E261 cameras on certification documentation. Occasionally the E is wrongly omitted.

The reason I say that they look like Wonwoo cameras is because they are a similar shape but I am unable to find any reference to a black camera housing on Wonwoo's web site. Futhermore the white camera housing illustrated on the Wonwoo web site has the name WONWOO printed in black on the front of the housing.

The cameras used by Traffic Enforcement Systems, who manufacture the $cars, may have simply been sprayed black. However it is entirely possible that the cameras are in fact cheap copies of the genuine article. The Wonwoo camera kit costs $5000+ so a cheap copy would be cost effective.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player