Author Topic: Clamping weasels, invoice weasels.  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Clamping weasels, invoice weasels.
« on: 06 March, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Tonight on BBC1, Fake Britain reports, and I quote: "the clamping firm faking fines to make money out of you." I'm guessing the clamping ban has precipitated a carpet bombing of sPeCulative iNvoices followed up by scary red writing refusal of representations. The employee of this firm that considered your representations is not even related to the weasel who issued the invoice. The BPA tell us that is independent. We conform to the BPA's business model code of practice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jv9ky
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Clamping weasels, invoice weasels.
« Reply #1 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »
I just watched this program and thought it was very very misleading! It seemed to present that the Clamping Laws has not changed.
Any one watching this program will think that Clamping on private land is still Legal if they were not in the know.
Piss Poor reporting in my view.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
Piss poor reporting. Dom Littlewood. Surely not.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2013, 10:28:51 PM »
You mean DOME Littlewood surely.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 07 March, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
I would never EVER mock the follicle shortage that some people are afflicted with!
Well not much, ok a fair bit, well all the time really.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 07 March, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »

Offline Rogerborg

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: 08 March, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
Ahoy.  Clampers are still operating, but now they're relying on towing "abandoned" vehicles from private land, a bike in this case.  There's no lawful authority (only police and local authorities can determine abandonment) , their own website says they can't do it any more, but coppers up to Inspector level didn't bother actually reading the law and prosecuting for TWOC because "Morrisons told us it was OK."  :o

The sorry saga.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player