Author Topic: Telegraph Article on private parking fines  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Virgil

• Follower
New Telegraph article, now on incorrect signage
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
I'm sure that those few of us who do not get the Telegraph will have heard abot this on Radio 4 the other morning, but just in case it's missed one or two members (the type who consider The Times a decent newspaper, erroneously now that the Murdochs run it, although I acknowledge the ownership of the Telegraph is equally dodgy these days) here's another article, this time about non-compliant signage and the possible rescinding of penalties imposed. I have to say that I think $CHUNTING in these locations could be tricky should this ever have been contemplated.......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/9919346/Speeding-motorists-could-be-let-off-because-of-wrong-font-on-signs.html

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Telegraph Article on private parking fines
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
I'm sure that those few of us who do not get the Telegraph will have heard abot this on Radio 4 the other morning, but just in case it's missed one or two members (the type who consider The Times a decent newspaper, erroneously now that the Murdochs run it, although I acknowledge the ownership of the Telegraph is equally dodgy these days) here's another article, this time about non-compliant signage and the possible rescinding of penalties imposed. I have to say that I think $CHUNTING in these locations could be tricky should this ever have been contemplated.......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/9919346/Speeding-motorists-could-be-let-off-because-of-wrong-font-on-signs.html

It makes me wonder if you can challenge some of these tickets for incorrect sign's as I see quite a few with faulty LED's on my travels.  The problem is you would need to find the location of the camera, and retrace your steps at the variable speed limitation that you were in contravention of to check all the LED' are lit. Not so easy if it is not on a regular run that you make.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #3 on: 10 March, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
a very valid point Pat, and another good reason for installing a high definition video camera - and keeping a record of every journey!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 10 March, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »
a very valid point Pat, and another good reason for installing a high definition video camera - and keeping a record of every journey!

Quite right Coco, I wonder if I can get my boss to pay for a decent dash mount camera with a very big memory as some days I can drive for more than 8 hours.
you would have to be religious about downloading and saving footage though,
It is an area I have been more and more interested in these days, as the driving standards that I witness on a daily basis make me want to be able to prove that the other person drove like a moron should the worse happen.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player