Author Topic: NSL Contact point  (Read 3554 times)

Offline NSL-PSU

• Civilian
NSL Contact point
« on: 09 April, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post a message on here to advise of a contact point for any concerns relating to NSL staff.

My name is Ken Hanslip, Head of Professional Standards at NSL, (known to some of you more than others if I remember some previous posts!). The NSL Professional Standards Unit, (PSU), operates independently of the NSL operation and holds an investigatory function as part of its remit.

I've been made aware of the recent posts involving allegations of egg throwing by NSL personnel at Waltham Forest and I want to have one of my investigators ensure that matters are fully investigated so if anyone wants to discuss matters further with me then I'm happy to do so.

NSL will never condone improper behaviour on the part of our staff and I'd welcome any concerns any member has with NSL staff conduct.

I appreciate there may be some stick heading my way from some of your members and I have fairly broad shoulders, (as can be seen in some distant pics of me), but I think it is about time we agreed to respect each other's stance and ensure that whenever our two groups interact we do so with dignity and integrity.

What I cannot do is discuss or comment on any matters concerning an NSL contractual matter or the business of our clients.  You already have full knowledge of how to raise these matters.

What I cannot do also is to ignore the fact that NSL staff have a right to undertake their duties safely and without fear and I am sure that this is an accepted view by members.  I appreciate you may not agree with their role but legal protest and actions will further rather than damage your cause.  For this reason, I will be equally ready to raise concerns when they arise.

EDW2000

Re: NSL Contact point
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »
I wonder who the man doing the interrogation is?

!

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 10 April, 2013, 06:28:03 PM »
How can NSL-PSU be "independent" of the NSL operation when it's clearly part of NSL? Surely the clue is in it's title?
Call me cynical, but it sounds to me like a toothless paper-tiger implemented as a tick-the-box exercise so that NSL can say, "look, we even have a department that investigates if things go wrong!"
In my experiences with the Parking Industry, the spin is always of how self-regulation is laudable and even desirable but with the unspoken caveat that it should never, ever, get in the way when reputations and profits are at stake.
I'd be lot happier if a truly impartial agency, with no ulterior motive/hidden agenda/business to protect, were to investigate this spitting and egg throwing.
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 10 April, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
How can NSL-PSU be "independent" of the NSL operation when it's clearly part of NSL? Surely the clue is in it's title?
Call me cynical, but it sounds to me like a toothless paper-tiger implemented as a tick-the-box exercise so that NSL can say, "look, we even have a department that investigates if things go wrong!"
In my experiences with the Parking Industry, the spin is always of how self-regulation is laudable and even desirable but with the unspoken caveat that it should never, ever, get in the way when reputations and profits are at stake.
I'd be lot happier if a truly impartial agency, with no ulterior motive/hidden agenda/business to protect, were to investigate this spitting and egg throwing.

How about the police?
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

EDW2000

« Reply #4 on: 10 April, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
How about Small Claim in the County Court, new limit for claims is £10k! Should just about cover it and of course
an injunction against further similar acts.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 10 April, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »

What I cannot do also is to ignore the fact that NSL staff have a right to undertake their duties safely and without fear and I am sure that this is an accepted view by members. I appreciate you may not agree with their role but legal protest and actions will further rather than damage your cause.  For this reason, I will be equally ready to raise concerns when they arise.

Nobody is asking any one to ignore health and safety in the work place which by the way also includes our safety!
We members of the NoToMob take pride in always staying within the law and we never ever threaten or intimidate staff or members of the public.
All our interactions with CEO's or car operators have always been friendly, in fact we have in the past intervened when some staff were threatened by members of the Public. So lets get that straight right from the start shall we?
It would seem from the clip above that any threat to NSL staff comes from a little closer to home wouldn't you say Guys?  :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »
Integrity is not a word I would associate with NSL. This, after all, is the company that has been proven to lie in Court and operate unlawful quotas for the issue of PCNs.
However, I would be prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt if they were to give a written undertaking that their quota system has genuinely been scrapped - permanently. The proof I would insist on would be random, unannounced visits to all of the bases, to include the ability to ask their staff in private, and with written assurances from NSL of no repercussions for any staff who agree to this.
If NSL were to agree to the above, then I would be prepared to talk to them.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #7 on: 11 April, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »
The matter is now the subject of a police investigation.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 11 April, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
As it is a matter that is in the hands of the Police would it be advisable to lock the thread?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 11 April, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
Agreed Pat.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player