Author Topic: CCTV enforcement about safety? Methinks not.  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
CCTV enforcement about safety? Methinks not.
« on: 29 November, 2013, 11:40:01 AM »
Money grabbing weasels from the council, the Bullshit Purveyors Association and private parking companies like NSL constantly remind us that their enforcement activities are not about raising revenue but are instead used to ensure safety. Rarely out of the news is the assertion that stopping outside schools puts the lives of children in great peril. For some reason or other, the enforcers seem to be exempt from their own rules,

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/10636602.Council_spy_car_parks_at__no_stopping__area_outside_school/?ref=rc

Not an isolated incident neither. The media is littered with evidence of spy cars causing obstructions, pavement parking, double yellow line parking, etc, etc. Basically whatever would earn you or I a PCN, they will regularly commit with impunity. It's a mystery to them why central government has now had enough and wants to reign these thieving b :o stards in. For the avoidance of doubt, it is, most definitely, absolutely,

ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!!
Sorry for shouting, but it is.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: CCTV enforcement about safety? Methinks not.
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2013, 01:15:53 AM »
Here's an idea. Why don't Merton get another $camera car to follow the Citroen, they'd make no end of ca$h.

Thought I'd seen the b :o stard before. (Yes it is the same one!)

Edit: Screen shot added so guests can see pic.
« Last Edit: 30 November, 2013, 01:23:48 AM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »
Where were we? Ah yes, stopping outside schools. The council spokesweasel is not interested in the money generated by the spy cars, only in the kiddies safety. Whenever $camera cars are introduced it's always for use outside $chools. Dr. Bellend has even produced some POPLAganda (like propaganda but really unbelievable)

http://www.nsl.co.uk/school-safety-car-brings-attacker-to-justice/

There is always a handy by product of the $camera cars in that they can spot the odd bus stop transgression but by-and-large their primary function is to keep the fruit of your loins safe from the nasty horrible car drivers. To help us understand how effective the $camera cars are and how big a problem $chool parking is, Thurrock Borough Council have provided us with some figures,

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/10804779.Council_spy_car_PIPPA_fines_ten_a_day_in_trial_run/?action=success

Thurrock's initial foray into the bending-you-over business has produced 1199 fines, 153 of which were at the $chool gate$. 12.7% of the total fines were outside the $chool gate$. Not looking good, is it? Also the 153 $chool PCNs issued were harvested from 576 visits. That's 3.76 visits for each PCN. There seems to be more going on away from schools than at schools. A cynical eye might conclude that the schools thing is just a ruse thought up by the sneaky urban weasel. Prick the public's conscience that children are in great danger and the $camera cars are the only solution to that problem just to get them in and then make hay in virtually every place but outside schools.

A local resident stole BE's thunder by pointing out on Facebook that the £130,000 $car investment would have provided five CEOs. Probably more over the six month period but we get your drift Becky. Also of note, the $chool gate$ $afety car has the cutesy acronym of PIPPA. Before one of you wags suggest something like Parking Idiot Prevents People Advancing or Penalty Is Parking Parasite's Agenda I ought to point out that PIPPA is made up from Park It Properly, Prevent Accidents. There's a photo in the article where PIPPA shows off her skills of completely blocking a disabled bay and partially blocking a disabled entrance. That's quite impressive for a car of PIPPA's dimensions.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Pathetic
Imbeciles
Park
Practically
Anywhere
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Pricks
In
Public
Practising
Abuse
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 02 December, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/refunds-for-victims-of-faulty-spy-car-1-6254656

The council bought a $py car "to crack down on dangerous parking"...

So, that'll be why all but a very few of the fines dished out will be to vehicles parked perfectly safely, just in places that the council reserves for other users or for other reasons, then...

To cars, in other words, in places where it would be perfectly feasible for a CEO on foot to enforce.

Just as the Statutory Guidance prescribes...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player