Author Topic: One rule for them, another for us?  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
One rule for them, another for us?
« on: 23 April, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »
Last Thursday 18/4/13, I was walking to work in Soho along Lexington St W1 - I always like to keep an eye on the NSL nest when I'm in the area  :-ev-:- and was shocked to see 2x WCC cleaning vehicles moving at speed the wrong way (ie. southbound) down Lexington Street. I say "shocked to see" but they came up from behind and made me jump actually - they weren't hanging around! At the Brewer St junction they proceeded over Brewer St, through the No Entry signs and carried on their merry way down Gt Windmill St in the wrong direction.  W:T:F:
See Attached photos - not the best, as they were snapped quickly on my phone. This was about 07.30 I suppose.
Yet again, proof if it were needed, that where WCC are concerned it's "don't do as we do, just do as we say"  :bashy: :bashy:

"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: One rule for them, another for us?
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
I've just looked on Googlemaps and there is a WCC camera positioned on that corner.

And if you know what time you were there Boyo, you could put in a request for any video footage they hold of you, which will perhaps show quite nicely that you were almost mown down by these idiots.

Just a thought...
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
What's the betting it was  "facing the wrong way" or "out of order" at the crucial moment?

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 26 April, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Thanks for the idea BE - it's a good one. 
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to proceed - I looked at the rigamarole in filling in the CCTV request form and the accompanying personal data I have to provide - (passport details or driving licence plus bank statement/bill etc plus £10!) 
I'm a little queasy handing over my private details to something like WCC. Who knows were it will end up, be stored or be used?  :bashy:
I think Dick's comment is bang on the mark too so it would probably be fruitless.  :bashy:
I'll keep the photos for use another day, if and when an opportunity presents itself - probably not too long if WCC's past form is anything to go by
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #4 on: 26 April, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Not long at all I shouldn't wonder.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 26 April, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
That's magnificent Ewan!  :o
FFS - double yellows, wrong way on a one way, blocking an entrance/exit, on a corner - words fail me!
They say a picture paints a thousand words but to me that can be summed up in three -  "Up Yours Peasants!"
What limitless and unbridled arrogance! Onanists.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #6 on: 26 April, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
I nicked that from nutsville. The report prompted an FOI request. Or Lack Of Information request as they are more accurately known. The car is the Park Ward derivative of the Silver Seraph. The rear compartment on these is 8" longer than the standard saloon which can handily accommodate the Mayor's extra long nose.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline booksearch

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 26 April, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »
I looked at the rigamarole in filling in the CCTV request form and the accompanying personal data I have to provide - (passport details or driving licence plus bank statement/bill etc plus £10!)" 

I'm no expert but do they have the right to ask for anything other than payment for an FOI request?  I've never heard of having to provide such info.  If your comment was for comic effect, my apologies!!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #8 on: 26 April, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
I looked at the rigamarole in filling in the CCTV request form and the accompanying personal data I have to provide - (passport details or driving licence plus bank statement/bill etc plus £10!)" 

I'm no expert but do they have the right to ask for anything other than payment for an FOI request?  I've never heard of having to provide such info.  If your comment was for comic effect, my apologies!!

He was being straight booksearch. It is a rigamarole and you do have to prove it is you that wants the footage.

And it costs you a tenner too. :(
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player