Author Topic: Brian Coleman - Court case  (Read 10914 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Brian Coleman - Court case
« Reply #15 on: 04 May, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
I am somewhat ashamed to admit to more than a touch of schadenfreude when he muttered that one word through those hideous gritted teeth.

"GUILTY"
« Last Edit: 04 May, 2013, 07:28:39 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

EDW2000

« Reply #17 on: 04 May, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »
don't be surprised to read a headline along the lines of

'was found dead at home....... not being
treated as suspicious'

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #18 on: 04 May, 2013, 11:37:40 PM »
Let's hope he's not discovered wearing fishnets and high heels with an orange stuffed in his gob and a plastic bag over his head fastened tightly with a length of electrical cord. The poor paramedics have scarcely recovered from the last time.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 04 May, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »
Let's hope he's not discovered wearing fishnets and high heels with an orange stuffed in his gob and a plastic bag over his head fastened tightly with a length of electrical cord. The poor paramedics have scarcely recovered from the last time.

What you mean is "They haven't stopped laughing"
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 05 May, 2013, 10:48:40 AM »
You are, of course, assuming that Coleman feels any sense of guilt for his actions - from my reading of the toad, that is unlikely :-(

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #21 on: 16 May, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »
You are, of course, assuming that Coleman feels any sense of guilt for his actions - from my reading of the toad, that is unlikely :-(

As predicted DD, Coleman has no sense of guilt or remorse for beating up a woman. In fact, he portrays himself as the victim.

There is one swear word that I rarely use, but in this instance I think it is appropriate for Coleman and that it is clear he is a great big useless one! Can you guess which word I'm talking about?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVICTED councillor Brian Coleman says he was subjected to a campaign of harassment and abuse in the year leading up to his assault on a cafe owner who was trying to take his picture.

Speaking for the first time since his sentencing, the former Mayor of Barnet refused to apologise for assaulting Helen Michael in High Road, Finchley, last year and claimed he only pleaded guilty to save his driving licence.

In an exclusive interview with The Press, the Totteridge ward councillor, who is expected to be ousted from the Conservative Party in the next few weeks, also hit out at his local Tory colleagues, who he claimed had “lost the plot” and sold him “down the river” on parking charges.

After eight months denying a charge of common assault, Mr Coleman changed his plea to guilty on the morning of the trial at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court on May 3.

The 51-year-old admitted attacking Ms Michael outside her coffee shop Café Buzz, in High Road, after she tried to take a photograph of him parking in a restricted zone.

However, despite CCTV evidence showing Mr Coleman launching himself at the mother-of-two from across the pavement, he maintains he had been trying to block the camera.

Mr Coleman told The Press he only changed his plea in a deal with the Crown Prosecution Service that saw a charge of dangerous driving dropped.

“I was desperate to save my driving licence,” he revealed.

Once among the most powerful politicians in London, Mr Coleman lost his seat on the London Assembly in the elections in May last year – and then his role as Barnet Council’s cabinet member for environment – following a fiercely personal campaign by traders against his parking regime.

He admits this campaign, spearheaded by Ms Michael, influenced his reaction on that day last September.

“I am sick and tired of the virtual stalking by her and others,” he said.

“What right does anybody have to film anybody else at the cashpoint?

“What right do these people think they have to invade elected representatives’ lives?

“Why would anyone stand for elected office if you are going to be bullied and intimidated by this group of obsessives?”

Many have argued that Mr Coleman’s fall from grace was a long time coming – citing the introduction of draconian parking charges, as well as his disdainful, bullying treatment of some residents.

Last year a council standards board ordered him to apologise for labelling residents Charlotte Jago “a black shirt” and Ron Cohen a “disloyal” Israeli during an argument over Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

But the councillor claims that his infamous reputation is due to his blunt honesty, and willingness to do the council’s “dirty work” – such as putting up the cost of parking in the borough and getting rid of coin meters in favour of a pay-by-phone scheme.

“I knew I would get sold down the river,” he said. “You’re never going to be popular putting up parking charges.

“But you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. I don’t worry whether I’m loved or hated.

“There’s so much fear in politics. But if you are always worried about the next step on your career ladder, then you never take any decisions.

“Life’s easier if you tell it how it is. But people don’t always like it.”

However useful he may have once been to the Tory council, it seems very likely that Mr Coleman will be ousted from the national and local parties.

He claims to be unconcerned and says he is enjoying his role as an independent councillor.

In a column for The Press in November, Mr Coleman used his new-found freedom to come out against the controversial One Barnet outsourcing programme.

Today he maintains his opposition to outsourcing public services en masse.

He added: “There is nothing wrong with privatisation, nothing wrong with outsourcing, but to do it in this way? It’s sloppy local government.

“The Tory administration has slightly lost the plot. We haven’t got enough experience. We’re either down to young boys who are keen but don’t have the time because they are busy building their careers or relationships, or we have got sad old pensioners who just won’t go away.

“I think the Conservative administration is in serious trouble and is in danger of losing control of the council.

“I’m not sure having the epithet Conservative next May will be an electoral advantage to any candidate.”

Despite his defiance and refusal to resign his council seat, Mr Coleman admits that he may soon be forced to look at a life outside of politics.

“I’m not where I would want to be and the last 12 months have been very difficult,” he admitted.

“But I have always thought life is too short to have regrets.

“What’s my next step? I think I’ll appear in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!”

http://www.barnet-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=16141&headline=Coleman:%2520%27I%2520don%27t%2520worry%2520whether%2520I%27m%2520loved%2520or%2520hated

« Last Edit: 16 May, 2013, 02:17:58 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #22 on: 16 May, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
I think I’ll appear in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

You're not a celebrity now get out of here f :o ck off.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 16 May, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
The whole of this blog makes interesting reading but today's update is even more interesting. Read on...

*Updated Thursday:

What happened next, then.

Mrs Angry can exclusively reveal that, unfortunately, this morning Helen Michael's staff arrived to open her cafe and found a threatening anonymous letter stuck to the front of her premises.

Mrs Angry has seen the contents of this letter but will not comment further as the matter is now the subject of a complaint to the police, and Helen Michael is also in the process of taking legal advice.

http://wwwbrokenbarnet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/brian-coleman-adding-insult-to-injury.html

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #24 on: 16 May, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Looks like I might have to go and use her cafe if only to support her due to loss of custom

EDW2000

« Reply #25 on: 16 May, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »
The next thing Helen should do is take legal advice on suing for assault. 

Small Claims can handle this.

She might consider an anti-Toad act injunction but I think this is a matter for a circuit Judge rather than a DJ.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-change-to-the-protection-from-harassment-act-1997-introduction-of-two-new-specific-offences-of-stalking
« Last Edit: 16 May, 2013, 06:00:32 PM by EDW2000 »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #26 on: 17 May, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
The standards of professional footballers have slipped somewhat. The ugly bastard claims on his blog that he once slept with an arsenal striker. The unnamed footballer was later arrested on suspicion of having an offensive person on his weapon.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 17 May, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
Would that word be similar to "See You Next Tuesday" in text speak BE?

As for the toad's interview, well, words fail me!

“The Tory administration has slightly lost the plot. We haven’t got enough experience. We’re either down to young boys who are keen but don’t have the time because they are busy building their careers or relationships, or we have got sad old pensioners who just won’t go away."

I wonder which of these categories he would fall into?

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #28 on: 17 May, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
Hmm:

“What right do these people think they have to invade elected representatives’ lives?"

Every right. The "Elected Representative" has taken on powers to represent these people, and the people have the right to ensure that they are being properly represented.

Next he'll be asking what right they have to vote him out of office...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #29 on: 17 May, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
Yep Bob, that's about par for the course for this despicable turd.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player