Author Topic: Summer WARNING!!!  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Summer WARNING!!!
« on: 25 April, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
This is not a wind up but a very serious warning guys & girls, As I returned home this evening and entered the front room the Sun was streaming through the window, I immediately noticed a stream of smoke coming from the front of the sofa!!!
SHMBO had left a small makeup mirror on the coffee table, the Sun was reflecting off the magnified portion of the mirror and focused on the front of the sofa. :o :o :o Fortunately it is a leather sofa and not a fabric covered one otherwise it would have almost certainly have been in flames well before I arrived home. I was soooo fecking lucky. Just goes to show how a little thing like a mirror a vase or glass ornament in the wrong place can have deadly effects.  <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: Summer WARNING!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
Im aware of this as my make mirror is on my dressing table and always shut my blind when i go out, you were really lucky Pat, xxx

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 26 April, 2013, 10:49:46 AM »
Im aware of this as my make mirror is on my dressing table and always shut my blind when i go out, you were really lucky Pat, xxx

I know MG it makes me go quite cold when I think what if I had been a couple of minutes later. And I would probably have blamed SHMBO for dropping a ciggy end as she smokes. I wonder how many fires have been started like this and the blame put on a dropped ciggy!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 26 April, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »
Killswitch wouldn't have that problem Pat. He aways keeps his make up mirror in his handbag, along with his lippy and mascara. :o :o :o
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 27 April, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »
Damn right! 
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice