Council Specific & Schunt Reports > Brent

Brent $hunt 1st June

(1/7) > >>

jonesy:
I managed to get a Saturday off :dancing: :dancing: and met up with BE rode over to Brent to RV with BGB :aplude: having heard about a scam we met with a local resident who explained what has been going on :bashy: :bashy:

I wont bore you with all the details but believe me something is very very wrong with this junction and how the $cars are ripping off motorists. Part time illuminated No right and left turns W:T:F:

Anyway having took some photos chatted to locals and one person who has received a ticket, Boyo then arrived and  we left to see if one of the rats were at a known  honey spot, whilst on our way we spotted one going in the opposite direction :party:... ... We were lead on a merry go round eventually ending up at London Road and some good old fashioned assisting. :aplude:

AS always we were well received by everyone and it was great to get that warm feeling again with loads of support and even getting some drinks bought us by a passer by :aplude: :aplude:

After about an hour we were off and ended back at the pen we had a interesting exchange with some of the staff and some banter with the drivers all 4 $cars wee now holed up 1 soon left with Boyo and BGB and about 10 mins later BE and I followed one ending up  at Cannonsbury tube where we assisted in 100% compliance no penalty :aplude:

We were off again after about half an hour but by now time was against me and as it appeared the $car was on its way back to the pen we decided to call it a day :(

For me a very enjoyable days $hunting and  finding out first hand what the issues are at the Mortimer Street junction. This little fix should keep me going for while ;D but boy do I miss it.

kiwi:
Sounds like you had a hoot , nice work all : )

Pat Pending:
I  am very envious of your day out summer $counting, I have been tied up with family stuff in my free time lately. I think sounds as though it was a good day.  I  hope to be with you soon as I am having withdrawal symptoms.  dr00L

The Bald Eagle:
A good day, with some very useful intel provided by the locals. ;D

Keep your eyes on this thread as I believe it will be getting quite busy soon. ;)

Boyo:
Nice write up Jonesy. :aplude: Was a very pleasant day and thoroughly enjoyable.  ;D
BGB and I followed our $car on quite a merry dance until he settled at Mortimer Rd.
One thing that did become apparent was that Brent/Apcoa do use these cars for parking enforcement too. We stopped momentarily at Neasden Lane (small shop-lined arm of Neasden Lane, dead ended by the North Circ, North of Dudden Hill Rd roundabout) and having chatted with the (very pleasant and courteous) driver, he informed me that this was a regular haunt to move people on.

Finally, after I'd decided to call it a day, I got a bit lost trying to get out of Brent - it's a big borough isn't it? Whilst trying to find a road I recognised, I saw a $car enforcing at the A4088 Forty Lane junction with A4140 Salmon Street/B454 Tudor Gardens/A4088 Blackbird Hill, East of Wembley Park. I didn't see what he was enforcing as I rode past, but the $car was parked on the left northbound side of Salmon St ( just before Bruno Place) with the camera facing back towards the junction. I'd assume there's some restriction at this junction as it seemed quite busy.
But that's for another day... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version