General Category > General No To Mob Discussion

A stunning achievement that is a credit to every $chunter

(1/10) > >>

The Bald Eagle:
First of all, please read this exchange of emails I had with Mr Goad yesterday. My personal comments follow.

Sent: 04 February 2011 12:23
To: Goad, Kevin
Subject: Traffic signing at junctions

Dear Mr Goad

I am aware that you had a meeting with Mr Graeme Jones last evening and that as a result of discussions you have agreed to review traffic signing in certain locations where moving traffic violations are regularly enforced by your mobile cctv units.

For your information I, as a member of the No To Mob, have had cause to consult the Traffic Signs Manual and it is my conclusion that the signing at various junctions where enforcement regularly takes place, does not comply with the legislation that governs the installation of traffic signs.

Please may I respectfully suggest that you suspend enforcement of moving traffic violations at the following sites pending the conclusion of your review. They are:

1. St Martins Lane WC2 at its junction with St Martins Place.
2. Clifton Road W9 at its junction with Lanark Road
3. Saville Row W1 at its junction with Conduit Street
4. John Adam Street WC2 at its junction with Villiers Street
5. Moor Street at its junction with Charing Cross Road
6. South Eaton Place SW1 at its junction with Ebury street and Semley Place
7. Westbourne Terrace W2 near its junction with Orsett Terrace
8. St Annes Terrace NW8 at its junction with Circus Road

Kindly acknowledge safe receipt of this email by return.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Goad Westminster Head of Parking Kevin Goad Westminster Head of Parking
KGoad@westminster.gov.uk

Steve

Thanks for your email. The review of sites is already underway and we have suspended enforcement at all sites in the interim.

Regards

Kevin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that when this sinks in, all those who have $chunted or supported $chunting in any way will give themselves a huge pat on the back. When we first started $chunting only a few months ago (July 2010) today is a day we could have only dreamed of.

As we have seen only too often in our fight with WCC, to get them to acknowledge ANY mistakes is almost impossible, but our victory at Golden Square proved that it could be done.

So when I wrote that letter yesterday I was fully expecting to be either completely ignored by Mr Goad, or to receive some half arsed reply that really wouldn't have addressed the issues raised.

I was therefore completely stunned when after only a few hours I received Kev's reply (me and him are best buddies apparently and are on first name terms according to his reply) which we can take as an admission that there is something wrong not only with the signs at the junctions I listed, but also with other junctions where they may have enforced which we are not aware of.

Free Parking Warrior said earlier that to get WCC to review policy on ANY issue you have to move heaven and earth.

Well brothers and sisters, thanks to your noble, heroic and righteous efforts we have done just that and by doing so we have shut down a major scam that would have netted Wastemonster millions of pounds in dishonestly earned revenue.

The beast has only been tamed for now though, and the good news for regular $chunters is that it doesn't mean they won't unleash it again once they put their house in order and put up the correct signs.

peperami gsxr:
(edit) Today, my phone stayed quiet, not 1 tweet came through, i wondered why, i checked the the forum when i went near the pc, even went on to twitter to see whats going on. Nothing, sod all. Then this afternoon a call from BE, and all was clear.  :aplude: :aplude:

And i was going to try to get out for a schunt this evening  :-ev-:

Well done to all involved in the fine art of $CHUNTING.  :aplude: :aplude:  :aplude: :aplude:

Westminster, Oh dear, what have you done. Has Mr Large been let lose within the Parking Dept.

Look forward to your next move WCC.......... now what willl you do next.......

Repayment of fines  W:T:F:  :bashy:

Correct signage  W:T:F:  :bashy:

Nothing  W:T:F:  :bashy:

REMEMBER.... DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU  :-ev-:

rs2k:
Some of the best news we could have hoped for :D   !! 

Well done all :) 

Its like Christmas waiting to find out what they will do next ! :p lol

crabby:
:aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
 :P :P :P :P :P :P
 :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
good work peeps!!!!

BailiffHunter:
Remember Westminster........You work for us the Public......not the other way around. Clearly a simple mistake to make eh W:T:F: :bashy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version