Author Topic: A stunning achievement that is a credit to every $chunter  (Read 14836 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
A stunning achievement that is a credit to every $chunter
« on: 05 February, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
First of all, please read this exchange of emails I had with Mr Goad yesterday. My personal comments follow.

Sent: 04 February 2011 12:23
To: Goad, Kevin
Subject: Traffic signing at junctions

Dear Mr Goad

I am aware that you had a meeting with Mr Graeme Jones last evening and that as a result of discussions you have agreed to review traffic signing in certain locations where moving traffic violations are regularly enforced by your mobile cctv units.

For your information I, as a member of the No To Mob, have had cause to consult the Traffic Signs Manual and it is my conclusion that the signing at various junctions where enforcement regularly takes place, does not comply with the legislation that governs the installation of traffic signs.

Please may I respectfully suggest that you suspend enforcement of moving traffic violations at the following sites pending the conclusion of your review. They are:

1. St Martins Lane WC2 at its junction with St Martins Place.
2. Clifton Road W9 at its junction with Lanark Road
3. Saville Row W1 at its junction with Conduit Street
4. John Adam Street WC2 at its junction with Villiers Street
5. Moor Street at its junction with Charing Cross Road
6. South Eaton Place SW1 at its junction with Ebury street and Semley Place
7. Westbourne Terrace W2 near its junction with Orsett Terrace
8. St Annes Terrace NW8 at its junction with Circus Road

Kindly acknowledge safe receipt of this email by return.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Goad Westminster Head of Parking Kevin Goad Westminster Head of Parking
KGoad@westminster.gov.uk

Steve

Thanks for your email. The review of sites is already underway and we have suspended enforcement at all sites in the interim.

Regards

Kevin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that when this sinks in, all those who have $chunted or supported $chunting in any way will give themselves a huge pat on the back. When we first started $chunting only a few months ago (July 2010) today is a day we could have only dreamed of.

As we have seen only too often in our fight with WCC, to get them to acknowledge ANY mistakes is almost impossible, but our victory at Golden Square proved that it could be done.

So when I wrote that letter yesterday I was fully expecting to be either completely ignored by Mr Goad, or to receive some half arsed reply that really wouldn't have addressed the issues raised.

I was therefore completely stunned when after only a few hours I received Kev's reply (me and him are best buddies apparently and are on first name terms according to his reply) which we can take as an admission that there is something wrong not only with the signs at the junctions I listed, but also with other junctions where they may have enforced which we are not aware of.

Free Parking Warrior said earlier that to get WCC to review policy on ANY issue you have to move heaven and earth.

Well brothers and sisters, thanks to your noble, heroic and righteous efforts we have done just that and by doing so we have shut down a major scam that would have netted Wastemonster millions of pounds in dishonestly earned revenue.

The beast has only been tamed for now though, and the good news for regular $chunters is that it doesn't mean they won't unleash it again once they put their house in order and put up the correct signs.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Re: A stunning achievement that is a credit to every $chunter
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
(edit) Today, my phone stayed quiet, not 1 tweet came through, i wondered why, i checked the the forum when i went near the pc, even went on to twitter to see whats going on. Nothing, sod all. Then this afternoon a call from BE, and all was clear.  :aplude: :aplude:

And i was going to try to get out for a schunt this evening  :-ev-:

Well done to all involved in the fine art of $CHUNTING.  :aplude: :aplude:  :aplude: :aplude:

Westminster, Oh dear, what have you done. Has Mr Large been let lose within the Parking Dept.

Look forward to your next move WCC.......... now what willl you do next.......

Repayment of fines  W:T:F:  :bashy:

Correct signage  W:T:F:  :bashy:

Nothing  W:T:F:  :bashy:

REMEMBER.... DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU  :-ev-:
« Last Edit: 05 February, 2011, 06:25:40 PM by peperami gsxr »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
Some of the best news we could have hoped for :D   !! 

Well done all :) 

Its like Christmas waiting to find out what they will do next ! :p lol

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
:aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
 :P :P :P :P :P :P
 :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
good work peeps!!!!
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
Remember Westminster........You work for us the Public......not the other way around. Clearly a simple mistake to make eh W:T:F: :bashy:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline spikes

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 05 February, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
Well done BE for the emails to Mr Goad, but why so many kisses at the end of your email?  W:T:F:

Are we going to have to issue redundancy notices to schunters now?  ::)))

Perhaps we should let the schunters go free and multiply, otherwise keeping them in captivity being force fed cabby food all day is like raising veal calf's really.

BE thanks for the SD card. Everyone I've shown the photos too has pissed themselves laughing. You did mean to leave all those compromising photos from what looks to be a swingers party on the memory card didn't you?

They are being uploaded to the NoTOMob Flickr account now, should be all up there by the time I get back in tonight.  dr00L

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 05 February, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
I feel somewhat empty, cheated and I don't know what else? Bit like turning up to a show/football match you've been really looking forward to and it has a great big poster at the entrance screaming "postponed"!

What am I going to do now?  :( ??? ::)

Answers on a postcard please.

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: 05 February, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
Or a date that you really wish would play hard to get and would introduce to your mum but "Puts out in the pub car park" on a first date..........Maybe that`s just my problem? :pmsl:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 05 February, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
on hearing the news of todays events i felt like this  :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
                      Then i realised no $CHUNTING and felt like this  ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) ::))) but overall i do feel like this :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:  Well done parking warrior  :dancing:

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 05 February, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
Fantastic news...well done one and all.....

Chalky...............SCamden?   :P
Easy Rider

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 05 February, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »
Why not? When? Need to get to know another part of The Smoke!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 05 February, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
Well I am happy we have achieved this And a huge pat on the back to Graeme And BE for all the behind the scenes work.  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:  However I believe as soon as they have corrected the signs they will be back in business and so will we. ;D
Now how do we go about finding out about the TMO's for every junction which we know they prefered as I suspect more illegal turn restrictions as we found at Golden Goose Sq. I do not believe we got lucky with this one I think its the tip of the iceberg!  :-ev-:
I think we have a similar situation to the person who was responsible for instructing the incorrect signs to be installed. Some body either did not know about the procedure with TMO's or just didn't care as after all who will find out!!  W:T:F:
This info may prove very useful in forcing WCC to repay every fecking penny.  :dancing:
Lets hope other boroughs are watching what's going on here DON'T FUCK WITH THE BIKERS IT WILL COST YOU A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY AND PAIN
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #12 on: 05 February, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
well done you lot   as the man said ....... DONT FUCK WITH THE BIKERS  :-ev-: :-ev-:

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 05 February, 2011, 09:02:07 PM »
Any chance this may put the NoToMoB in the running for the westminster and pimlico heroes prize

Westminster City Council’s awards for people who are making a major difference to the lives of others, and suggested that if you know someone who has made a real difference in Pimlico, you should nominate them for an award so that they could win a £500 grant for their organisation or to help them continue the good work they they do.

I would like to thank “Bruce” for this morning nominating NoToMob an organisation devoted to campaigning against WCC’s Parking Charges on Motor Bikes, and currently campaigning against sneaky hiding of traffic CCTV cameras.  I have a feeling that an organisation agitating against WCC policy may not receive an award, but I applaud their humour and passion in publicising their cause.

NOT so Humourous now methinks
http://pimlico-flats.co.uk/blog/london-life/westminster-pimlico-heros-notomob-nominated/  

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #14 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »
Well done all you dedicated $chunters, a very well deserved victory!

BUT - Where do we go from here? I'm going to need some kind of activity to keep me amused on Saturdays.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player