Author Topic: $chunting: Level 2 (Medway)  (Read 21438 times)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
Re: $chunting: Level 2 (Medway)
« Reply #15 on: 07 February, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »
Sadly this one I will have to leave to you pro`s as I start the Knowledge this week and my little 125 on a L plate aint getting me down to sunny Kent  :P

This said, whilst you lot play with the wet behind the ears $cameras (Boy what a shock for them) :-ev-: , I will maintain due diligence up here in the smoke as Twitter reported a WCC $car heading S/B on Park Lane this AM :dancing:    Clearly they have somewhere to go and we need to find out where  The cabbies have been asked to let us know.

Have fun guys and some videos/reports are sure to come but as BE has already stated, be careful as from Bailiff experience, Kent Constabulary is a very different animal to the Met and their knowledge (or lack of) of NoToMob may lead to an incident or two. I have attached 2 documents, one our "Statement of Intent" that BE produced and another re the law on filming in a public place. This one is MPS specific but unless I have missed something in the press, Kent Cops don`t use Sect 44 any more either.It maybe an idea to print these off and have them to hand.

Stay safe.
« Last Edit: 07 February, 2011, 05:49:47 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 07 February, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
With regard to filming in Kent i have asked Kent Police to advise me of their policy. If you do a google search they are a little OTT regarding this, or have been in the past.

Fingers crossed i get a reply by wednesday.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 07 February, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »
I`ve done some digging and it appears Kent Police were OTT at the same time the MPS was. Sec 44 was widely used but this has been tightened up now due to civil liberty groups campaigning. Sect 44 was a blanket reason for any stop the cops wanted to make as there was no come back/no complaint possible.

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 07 February, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »
also guys we need to find out medways reasons for using the cars?
of course we all know the purpose, but are they stating them as visible deter-ants? or just for enforcing?
this could alter our approach to the situation a little no?
 8)
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Last Edit: 07 February, 2011, 06:44:21 PM by peperami gsxr »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #20 on: 07 February, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
As distasteful as I find it, I'm afraid if we see one of these things at a school I will be waiting round the corner for it to go off and do something naughty. This is what they were designed for and I wouldn't dare stop them from keeping the public safe.

Their problem with this kind of thing is the law of diminishing returns.  Once it's out on the mumsnet, you can bet your life that the word goes out that the scar is about, so that's another day without tickets.  And a day without tickets can only mean one thing.

100% compliance without penalties. I don't have a problem with that. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #21 on: 07 February, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »
I have to agree with BE here, I've never had a problem with monitoring outside schools, it's just that, to my knowledge, Westminster have never done that  :bashy: :bashy:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #22 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
It looks like Islington Borough Council is up for a fight with NTBPT and Warren so I think it may be advantageous to let them know what's what.   :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"
It looks like Islington Borough Council is up for a fight with NTBPT and Warren so I think it may be advantageous to let them know what's what.   :-ev-:
D'you know what Pat, I like the cut of your jib

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #24 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Quote from: "Kill Switch"
I have to agree with BE here, I've never had a problem with monitoring outside schools, it's just that, to my knowledge, Westminster have never done that  :bashy: :bashy:

And do you know why? Because for 20 months between March 2009 and November 2010 the incompetents at Wastemonster didn't have the right certification to enforce parking infringements using $cars that have "PARKING ENFORCEMENT" written all over them. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #25 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
And since that have been able to enforce parking, have we even one report of them doing so, not that I've heard

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #26 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
Well now that Islington has been mentioned both on here and NTBPT thought I would add my own little pennies worth :-ev-: :-ev-:

Dear Sir/Madam

With regards to the below request, which has not yet been answered, which I believe is unacceptable to not have received a reply.
I would now ask that this matter is given urgent attention. As I originally pointed out in my letter, the protest group No to Bike Parking tax have indicated that parking charges in Islington are likely to start and I would like to know one way or the other. In addition as I have now been made aware further matters involving the Pay by Phone Parking services from Verrus UK Ltd, and I am concerned that my data is not secure and that 3rd parties will have access to it.

Please reply soonest as some 4 months have past from my original e mail

Yours sincerely

XXXXXX  

23/09/2010 06:11

Dear Steve, Thank you for your email, It has been logged on the service request 3565055 We are sorry to hear that you have not yet had a response to your original enquiry. Your email has been forwarded to our Contact Islington Managers for their attention if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »
[ :dancing: :dancing: The day is booked off, MG, not too much red sauce on mine  :-ev-:
[/quote]

Sauce  Kill switch? you got more than heinz matey :)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #28 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
How many Cars has IBC got? and where is the Pig Pen?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #29 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »
IBC? Do you mean Islington mate? Sorry.