Author Topic: Why is Croydon using CCTV for parking enforcement?  (Read 1800 times)

EDW2000

Why is Croydon using CCTV for parking enforcement?
« on: 21 June, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
As part of my case next month Croydon has provided me with this 'reason' for one of its' streets.
Basically, naughty drivers see a CEO and drive off - fancy that!

'This road is a bus corridor and short term parking is high in this area causing longer transport delays. Civil Enforcement Officers enforcement is not viable for short term parking which does (sic) cause obstruction to buses. Civil Enforcement Officers are not practical for this type of enforcement due to drivers driving around the block and re-parking when the officer has left the area and it is a difficult area to clear of short term illegal parking'.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Why is Croydon using CCTV for parking enforcement?
« Reply #1 on: 22 June, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
'This road is a bus corridor and short term parking is high in this area causing longer transport delays. Civil Enforcement Officers enforcement is not viable for short term parking which does (sic) cause obstruction to buses. Civil Enforcement Officers are not practical for this type of enforcement due to drivers driving around the block and re-parking when the officer has left the area and it is a difficult area to clear of short term illegal parking'.

And the problem with drivers moving away is...? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 June, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »
I would have thought that changing the TMO/TRO to 'Parking for 20 minutes No Return within 40 minutes' for example (and the signs etc.) would solve the alledged problem.

EDW2000

« Reply #3 on: 22 June, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
I would have thought that changing the TMO/TRO to 'Parking for 20 minutes No Return within 40 minutes' for example (and the signs etc.) would solve the alledged problem.

They are now claiming abuse of ceo's. I have asked for copies of police reports.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player