Author Topic: New batch of NoToMob High Viz vests - proposal  (Read 9005 times)

Offline rs2k

• Follower
New batch of NoToMob High Viz vests - proposal
« on: 07 February, 2011, 07:31:37 PM »
Hi all

I found another place today that can do some vests for me that have a light reflective camera logo on them. I can even have them done in all reflective, so the wording also bounces back light.

I propose that the camera logo is on a black background with a white cut out reflective material over the top... so we have the the camera sign left in black with the white reflecting back if you know what I mean...   They may do other colours for the reflective material, need to enquire more as was in rush today.

Price wise, I will get a few diff sizes if I get these up to 3xl  :)   They also are zip fronted, so no problem of the velcro wearing and them coming undone, although suppose zips could wear out : :-

I am told £20 but will work to get price down :)   Price I pay will be price they will be :D  as with any of notomob I think it goes without saying

Any interest ?
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
Re: New batch of NoToMob High Viz vests - proposal
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
Hi ya, :D as long as they are heavy duty and machine washable i would pay  UP TO £40 for one, zip sounds great ! cool Rsk2

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Quote from: "Monkey Girl"
Hi ya, :D as long as they are heavy duty and machine washable i would pay  UP TO £40 for one, zip sounds great ! cool Rsk2

will check out the washable bit :)  cant see it being an issue, and they are pretty heavy quality as well... not thick but not cheap thin either like 99p shop ones LOL  ive torn many of those ! lol

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
Lets get a design proof read so we can have a look mate.
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 07 February, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
Quote from: "BailiffHunter"

Yea I gotta knock it up and will get a "prototype" made :)   

I know what I want in my head, but getting it on a vest is a bit diff lol !

Was it you BH who had the last ones printed ?   Do you have the design at all if so ?  as I propose same design but with flipped colours to allow for the reflective sign/writing...

Lastly, what would people prefer.... it all in reflective material, as in writing and sign... or just the camera logo in reflective and writing in black ?

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
:D I would like to confirm my order of 2 vest at the moment , please  ;D

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »
Quote from: "rs2k"

Was it you BH who had the last ones printed ?   Do you have the design at all if so ?  as I propose same design but with flipped colours to allow for the reflective sign/writing...

Lastly, what would people prefer.... it all in reflective material, as in writing and sign... or just the camera logo in reflective and writing in black ?

Peperami (Si) kindly put me onto his printer who made up the NTM Hi Vis vests. You can email the printer at will@kitroomco.co.uk
He is a good lad and has recently supplied me with a bespoke Knowledge vest. You can also bell him on 01322 31599 as he already has the template designs for us on file. Cost for 2 colour print on Hi Vis is £14. Not sure how much with any changes though and this is for the velcro type vest. That makes future designs a bit cheaper and he posts to you too. I can highly recommend!
« Last Edit: 07 February, 2011, 08:19:32 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
Quote from: "rs2k"

Was it you BH who had the last ones printed ?   Do you have the design at all if so ?  as I propose same design but with flipped colours to allow for the reflective sign/writing...

Peperami (Si) kindly put me onto his printer who made up the NTM Hi Vis vests. You can email the printer at will@kitroomco.co.uk
He is a good lad and has recently supplied me with a bespoke Knowledge vest. You can also bell him on 01322 31599 as he already has the template designs for us on file. Cost for 2 colour print on Hi Vis is £14. Not sure how much with any changes though and this is for the velcro type vest. That makes future designs a bit cheaper and he posts to you too. I can highly recommend!

Cheers for that bud :) I shall give him a call tomorrow and see if he can facilitate the design I have in mind :D

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #8 on: 08 February, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
May I propose a change in the current design, which I think is a little bit too busy.

I would like to see

$CAMERA
HUNTER at the top,

the camera logo underneath that

and NO TO MOB at the bottom.

Please don't be afraid to criticise me. This is only a preference and we should all be making this decision
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 08 February, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
RS2K

As you know i sorted out the first batch of Hi Vis vest's. If you wanted to sort out vests no problem, if you wanted to use my printers, again no problem. We have an account, (NTBPT) and the lad i deal with is called Will.

All i will say is if you wanted to go ahead and sort this, i would recommend maybe finding a printer nearer to you, the reason i say this is it maybe best if you was to pop in and see a mock up of the vest. When i sorted it i had many trips to them to see what was going on rather than leave it to a phone call and email ( and yes it still went tits up, but soon got sorted).  Any printer should be able to print on Hi Vis, but avoid screen printing, as they will have a min order, norm about 100, and i think in total I've ordered when asked in total about 15/20, and the min order has been 1.

Price for mine was £14. that was 3 colour design.

BH talks about them posting, if you was to go down that road, and find that you have to contact them every week to place an order the price may go up due to postage.

If you wanted me to sort this out its no problem. there are things that they cant do, hence the design we settled on.

For future orders with any printers i would say rather than go through you, or me or anyone else, if its ok with which ever printer we settle on that we have a link with contact details so people can give them a call and order themselves, rather than the trips from someone to pick up another batch, (not that i minded).

I still have a few vests left over, I would like to shift them if anyone wants a 'Classic Vest'.

BE's last post is spot on, plan and simple. Word spreads and we dont need loads of text, when drivers see a bike and the rider has a vis with a Camera logo, they know its us!

My Idea would also, if anyone wanted at an extra price of £2 have your name printed on the front in one of the corners.

RS2K, over to you  :dancing:
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2011, 12:15:56 PM by peperami gsxr »
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 08 February, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
Quote from: "The Bald Eagle"
May I propose a change in the current design, which I think is a little bit too busy.

I would like to see

$CAMERA
HUNTER at the top,

the camera logo underneath that

and NO TO MOB at the bottom.

Please don't be afraid to criticise me. This is only a preference and we should all be making this decision

Web addy??

Offline Nitro159

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 08 February, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »
The "notomob" wording, can it have an "@" before it? I.e. To attract people to the twitter account. An extra symbol worth the effort in my opinion.

Also would like to see something on the front like the ntbpt logo or something similar that differentiates us (from the front) as regular hi viz vest wearing motorcyclists (not that we aren't but any attention we receive singles us out as a seperate group of do gooders and anyone getting up close to us will be drawn to read or look at whatever we've put on the front, doesn't have to be anything complicated even just the web address notomob.co.uk or something similar)

Also following up on an old Eagle idea, the writing on his shoulder, mind changing that to "$Camera car's beware"

And furthermore I like the "beware hidden cameras" but its just not visible enough on the current ones (once we're hunched over bikes) but I'd like to have this back, even in a simpler form... I.e. The iconic "CCTV Enforcement". An ironic statement for those in the know and those not in the know will take a closer look

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 08 February, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »
@Nitro, wording can be placed on the front, as i said it could be an extra if anyone wants it to be.
The reason why i say extra is due to it being an extra £2. So from my printers anyway it would put the standard price up to £16, at the time i was tryin to keep costs as low as pos.
If you was to think every time the print gets pressed on its an extra £2, so if you wanted print on both sides of the front it would be an extra £4, and if you was to add another colour, again £2. It soon starts adding up.

I would pay, but i know that when i have been asked about price, some have walked away from £14 vests. Depends if they are going to be $CHUNTING every week, or just a 1 off, me thinks.

@rs2k, i'm going to shut up now , but let me know if you want help, or want me to sort out something.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #13 on: 08 February, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »
Perhaps we can talk about this at MG's in the morning?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #14 on: 08 February, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
I welcome everyones input :)

Quote from: "The Bald Eagle"
Perhaps we can talk about this at MG's in the morning?

I am not sure I can get there on my bike ! damn thing wont start today :o !!!  Saying that, did start .. warmed up and cut out, now wont start at all !  going to try it again later. Ive noticed that my choke cable has been a bit stiff lately, so wondering if its stuck a bit ?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player