Author Topic: New batch of NoToMob High Viz vests - proposal  (Read 9014 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: New batch of NoToMob High Viz vests - proposal
« Reply #15 on: 08 February, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »
Quote from: "rs2k"
I am not sure I can get there on my bike ! damn thing wont start today :o !!!  Saying that, did start .. warmed up and cut out, now wont start at all !  going to try it again later. Ive noticed that my choke cable has been a bit stiff lately, so wondering if its stuck a bit ?

If you get it started but you're only getting 15 miles to a tank of petrol, it's probably the choke cable. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 08 February, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
@rs2k....petrol, start with the simple things, and make sure you aint knocking the 'KillSwitch'

worth a spray of WD40 maybe.
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Nitro159

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 08 February, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
Oh I do agree if it costs too much then people won't buy it, particularly for one off's. I'd be willing to customise my own one if need be, buy the standard issue one from you (as previously described) and anything you wish to have on your own should be your own to dictate (aslong as it's not OTT)

May however borrow...permanently... BE's shoulder patch idea.

Or an eagle (think screaming eagles) and a camera car outline...

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #18 on: 10 February, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
Seems Many Motorists (espically now Medway who are new to shunting) dont realise what were about.
and it normally takes a second read of our hi Vis / or an explanation of who we are..

so i was thinking of a new HiVis Design.. ideas and suggestions are welcome...

(Btw attached is a draft up done in paint as not got photoshop on this lappy.)

i think the use of the warning triangle is what we need as we look like were advertising we are cctv crews.

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 10 February, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Got a thread on here already mate about new hi viz design with reflective markings, I am going to change the camera sign a little to make it clear were are not with the camera crew :) 

Offline HeadlongCabbie

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 10 February, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »
I know we're not anti the camera per se, but what about a red cross through the camera...

or a red dollar sign over the top of it?

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #21 on: 10 February, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
rs2k couldnt find it or woulda posted there.. link the thread in here and ill merge em

Offline rs2k

• Follower

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 10 February, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
THreads Merged

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: 12 February, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Hi all,

After our  meet up this AM, I have been given a rough design for new vests. I have emailed Peper`s printer for some draft designs and it was agreed that we need to keep cost down to a minimum. This is simply due to us as a group not wanting to exclude some existing/new members from being able  to afford a vest. If they come out at £30 for example, nobody (Or very few) will buy them which somewhat defeats the object. Do we all agree???? The design is still 3 colour and the camera sign DOES remain albeit now with a V for Vendetta logo over the top. This way, not even Mr Magoo (Google it kids) will mistake us for Council staff!

There are also some other small changes to wording including website details etc and I have also enquired about bigger sizes (For the larger gent.....or lady) and vests with zips rather than velcro.

Now as has been discussed, once we agree a final proof read, the printer will have the design and if anyone wants to supply their own vest, jacket, leather thong or Gimp mask (Sorry Bruce!) for printing, they can contact the printer direct to see if it`s possible.

Happy everyone?
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #25 on: 12 February, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »
Quote from: "BailiffHunter"
Hi all,

After our  meet up this AM, I have been given a rough design for new vests. I have emailed Peper`s printer for some draft designs and it was agreed that we need to keep cost down to a minimum. This is simply due to us as a group not wanting to exclude some existing/new members from being able  to afford a vest. If they come out at £30 for example, nobody (Or very few) will buy them which somewhat defeats the object. Do we all agree???? The design is still 3 colour and the camera sign DOES remain albeit now with a V for Vendetta logo over the top. This way, not even Mr Magoo (Google it kids) will mistake us for Council staff!

There are also some other small changes to wording including website details etc and I have also enquired about bigger sizes (For the larger gent.....or lady) and vests with zips rather than velcro.

Now as has been discussed, once we agree a final proof read, the printer will have the design and if anyone wants to supply their own vest, jacket, leather thong or Gimp mask (Sorry Bruce!) for printing, they can contact the printer direct to see if it`s possible.

Happy everyone?

Can you post this design please ?   couldn't be out today as no brake light ! :(

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 12 February, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
I dont have a design mate. I  merely emailed the printer with my requests in writing and an attachment of a V logo and NoToMob logo. The printer will mock up a design and email it to me next week I trust. I will post it up for  input etc then.

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 12 February, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
Quote from: "BailiffHunter"
I dont have a design mate. I  merely emailed the printer with my requests in writing and an attachment of a V logo and NoToMob logo. The printer will mock up a design and email it to me next week I trust. I will post it up for  input etc then.

Ok cool :)

Is this with the reflective print ? :/

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
« Reply #28 on: 12 February, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »
No but I will ask. This said, a 3 colour design on a velcro vest is £14 so adding reflective print will be more but as I said, once we have the design agreed if folk wish to pay more for this, it`s up to them.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #29 on: 12 February, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
RE HL Cabbie

If theres a cross through the camera sign, ....it may comes across as ANTI. CCTV ..and we dont want that do we? as were helping them with their compliance :)

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player