Author Topic: Sutton scum  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Sutton scum
« on: 03 August, 2013, 04:52:19 AM »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Sutton scum
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »
Scum is not the 4 letter word I would use in this instance. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
Yes, I think I know the word you're thinking of!

I'm surprised that this chap had to pay for his parking in the first place since he was working for Sutton Council at the time.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
I echo your surprise Dick. Workers are generally exempt from parking regulations when on council business.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-wirrals-car-caught-parked-3448340
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 04 August, 2013, 09:00:37 PM »
This is one of the most disgusting things I've heard regarding Sutton Council Parking Services. If anyone at Sutton Council has a grain of decency, the tools, equipment and money stolen from this man would be returned and the ticket cancelled. :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2013, 04:33:17 AM »
If anyone at Sutton Council has a grain of decency...............

If indeed. From the Secretary of State's Guidance,

85. An authority has a discretionary power to cancel a PCN at any point throughout the CPE process. It can do this even when an undoubted contravention has occurred if the authority deems it to be appropriate in the circumstances of the case. Under general principles of public law, authorities have a duty to act fairly and proportionately and are encouraged to exercise discretion sensibly and reasonably and with due regard to the public interest.

Alternatively the evil bastards can drive a locomotive through this poor man's life forcing him into bankruptcy so that the council spokesweasel can say, "We are satisfied that a fine was properly issued in this case, supported by photographic evidence".

BE has used up all the bashy smilies so here's a library picture of the head of parking,

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 08 August, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
 Very strong letters have been sent to Sutton Council, Theresa May and Eric Pickles. Awaiting replies.  :idea:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 08 August, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
I wonder who the little ray of sunshine was who first set up this punitive regime?

http://www.cnsf.co.uk/#/biography-patrick-troy/4573017935

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 17 August, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
Sutton Guardian August 8th.  W:T:F:

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 23 August, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
This is a copy of a letter which was published in the Sutton Guardian. Needless to say, they didn't include the illustration. The letter was also sent to Sutton Council and Eric Pickles. I have not had a reply from Mr Pickles as yet, but here is the reply from Sutton Council.  :bashy:
« Last Edit: 23 August, 2013, 12:57:08 AM by Overlord »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 23 August, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »
interesting. Firstly you must draw your own conclusions about the degree of accuracy contained within (rep)lies from the council.

Quote from: Another lying bastard councillor
our council officers have limited discretion within those processes.

Let's have a look at the limits contained within the statutory guidance then,

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/tma-part-6-cpe-statutory-guidance/betterprkstatutoryguid.pdf

Page 21,

85. An authority has a discretionary power to cancel a PCN at any point throughout the CPE process. It can do this even when an undoubted contravention has occurred if the authority deems it to be appropriate in the circumstances of the case. Under general principles of public law, authorities have a duty to act fairly and proportionately and are encouraged to exercise discretion sensibly and reasonably and with due regard to the public interest.
86. Enforcement authorities have a duty not to fetter their discretion, so should ensure that PCNs, NtOs, leaflets and any other advice they give do not mislead the public :o about what they may consider in the way of representations. They should approach the exercise of discretion objectively and without regard to any financial interest in the penalty or decisions that may have been taken at an earlier stage in proceedings. Authorities should formulate (with advice from their legal department) and then publish their policies on the exercise of discretion. They should apply these policies flexibly and judge each case on its merits. An enforcement authority should be ready to depart from its policies if the particular circumstances of the case warrant it.
87. The process of considering challenges, representations and defence of appeals is a legal process that requires officers dealing with these aspects to be trained in the relevant legislation and how to apply it.

You're a member of the public, Overlord. Consider yourself misled. I guess members of the council are charged with the difficult task of leniency and raising as much revenue as possible.

C :o NTS

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 23 August, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
Copy of letter sent to Sutton Council in reply to their reply.