Author Topic: Yet another encounter with the cops. Brent $chunt 3/8/2013  (Read 14183 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Yet another encounter with the cops. Brent $chunt 3/8/2013
« on: 04 August, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Whilst $chunting in the Brent area yesterday (masked up as usual and with one pillion passenger carrying a tripod thingy) we were not surprised when we heard the sound of blues and twos behind us, so we pulled over to let them pass. But they didn't pass because the blues and twos were for us. Obviously this confused the coppers somewhat (a man passenger and a woman driver), because what kind of villain on a motorbike that could easily out manoeuvre a car, would immediately pull over?

Anyway, it turns out that some poor soul had put 2 and 2 together and come up with 999, because that was the number they dialled in order to report a gang of masked riders charging around the area wielding a hammer. Yes you heard right A HAMMER. It seems that a quick glimpse of the tripod thingy had been enough to convince some poor bod that we had a hammer and were intent on using it.

How did they know that we weren't in fact all members of S.H.I.E.L.D and that the pillion passenger wasn't the mighty Thor?

However, I digress. The Statement of Intent was placed into the hands of the officers and once digested further explanation was given. It should be noted that they did not at any point ask us to take our masks off, but after a suitable period we decided to take them off out of courtesy, plus the fact it was bloody hot yesterday and the mask wasn't making it any better.

Once they were satisfied that we were neither armed robbers, frighteners of old ladies or mythical comic book characters about to leave death and destruction in our wakes, the heavily armed (she had a tazer strapped to her waist that we hoped she might use on Parking Warrior who insisted on talking their, and everyone else's ears off) lady copper reported back to base that there were "No offences being committed here".

And that was that, apart from the male officer's parting remark that really made everyone's day. He leaned out of the passenger window, gave us the thumbs up and with a huge grin on his face said...

HAPPY HUNTING :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: 04 August, 2013, 04:08:30 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Yet another encounter with the cops. Brent $chunt 3/8/2013
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
Personally I think a hammer wasn't an offensive weapon, I think these were though.....
« Last Edit: 04 August, 2013, 04:21:12 PM by Kill Switch »
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
Bloody hell!  The mighty Bald Eagle has two bits of string for legs!!!  :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »
There have been a couple of incidents in Wembley recently where people on motorcycles have used a hammer to smash windows of jewellers and nick the gold on display, which would explain the rapid police response. The fact that one of the officers had a Taser is not surprising - every Borough in London now has at least one car on every shift so equipped.

Offline Printscreen

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 08 August, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
Can we please start a Kevlar Jeans fund for Bald Eagle as I am rapidly losing the sight in my eyes from seeing this every shunt as well as losing the will to live.

That or enter him in a knobbly knees competition and split the winnings?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 08 August, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
Keep it up boys and girls and on the next $chunt I won't wear the shorts.

I have some speedos that need an airing... :-*
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #6 on: 08 August, 2013, 03:10:29 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 17 August, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
I thought what a nice morning I shall go for a ride on my trusty steed, but where shall I go? I know I will go and have a potter around Wembley and look at the Stadium to remind myself what a f*ck up it is, this always cheers me up.
On the way there I noticed a nice shiny new Toyota IQ  index KR13 XKB with Brent logo and ANPR cameras as well as the MTV camera Parked up in London Rd.
I thought I must get a photo of this one for my collection (I have moved on from Eddy Stobart trucks) so I parked up a short way behind him and got out my camera phone. No sooner had I taken a couple of piccys and the car moved away & did a quick U turn and came hurtling past me. So I jumped on the Pocket Rocket and tried to catch up with this driver who was in a hurry be somewhere other than here. He went left then left again then another left & then stopped very sharply, that tends to happen when you shunt another car up the arse! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
I did not laugh as the bloke who got out of the car that had been rear ended by a Brent Council Safety Car did not look best pleased. I also thought now would be a really silly time to start taking pictures, any way the damage must have been little or none as the driver was happy to drive off without taking the $camera car drivers details or life.
So we were off again Right onto the main drag through Wembley then he pulls into a Bus stop, well I am not mug enough to fall for those tricks matey. so I did the next left and waited up a side road, sure enough he came past me so I gave him a cheery smile  ;D and a wave and fell in behind him again. 8) He now took me to the all new big shiny Civic Center and parked up at the back entrance and went inside, I waited around the front and saw the underground parking entrance, it is free parking for Motorcycles down there should you ever have the need to visit. I drove to the rear entrance again and found two Brent $camera cars with no drivers in sight, perhaps they have their offices here now? They stayed for about 45 minutes I think before they buggered off. I in the meantime was having a shuffty around the Civic Center and underground car park.
I then went home as I cant have too much excitement in one day. :D

I copied this from the Brent website, perhaps they should include driving lessons as part of the training course Hmmmmmm?

We are committed to fairness and transparency in our enforcement. To support this we will ensure that all staff who undertake moving traffic contravention enforcement using CCTV will have successfully completed a training course, as required by London Councils and that there are signs indicating that CCTV enforcement is taking place in the area.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 18 August, 2013, 11:53:36 AM »
Nice report thanks Pat. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

I notice that you didn't laugh when matey $chunted (see what I did there) the rear of the car in front, but I have to admit to everyone, that when you phoned yesterday to tell me what had happened, I was assisting a $car in its duties on the streets of Waltham Forest and local residents three streets away would have heard me roaring with laughter. :pmsl:

I know I shouldn't have laughed, but I couldn't help it, particularly because we were handed a document yesterday that has been prepared by NSL senior management headed "Health and safety", which pleads with us (yes they now acknowledge our existence and assistance ;D) to respect their staff and not drive dangerously in an attempt to make the driver have an accident. In this instance however, it seems that the driver didn't need our help to have an accident as he managed it all on his own. :P

I will post the NSL document text up soon. You're going to love it. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #9 on: 18 August, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
I hope you didn't hit yourself too hard when you face-palmed, Pat. Council :rotfl: chuffin' :rotfl: safety :rotfl: car :rotfl: indeed!   

Some IQ drivers like to show off their skill and creativity,

Whilst others are simply NSL employees,

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 18 August, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »
I think the only IQ employed is the badge on the back of the car.