Author Topic: Medway Council - Green Bus Lane: A2 between Luton Arches & junction The Brook  (Read 9814 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
If it wasn't foe redmai, we'd still be in the dark on this one.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline redmai

• Follower
Hi Folks,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Wifey is worried about the 'fine' increasing if not paid early, so contacting the council to see what the status is (daughters car, just bought, by the time the fine catches up with the V5 registration early settlement would have passed). I hope others don't get caught out like this.

redmai.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
@redmai

We are doing some research at the moment because at this point we are unsure whether ANY tickets are being issued. Yes they have updated the cameras, but as yet we are unsure what they are for.

If you and the missus find out before we do, please let us know.

Cheers

BE
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
@redmai

A reliable source has told me that he contacted the council and was told the new cameras that have been installed near the bus lane are not used for enforcement purposes. In fact he was told that they don't enforce that particular bus lane at all, which is probably just as well given the state of the signs and lines.

So it looks like your missus dodged a bullet mate. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
We'll have to keep an (parking) eye on this. I suspect the council may have woken up to the concept of how many children they can protect from the pesky motorists.

:o
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline redmai

• Follower
Wow - that sounds great Bald Eagle, well done and thank you for finding out. (Wifey sitting with fingers crossed)  ;)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
@redmai

I have just had my FoI request answered (see below). You can rest easy tonight. ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Eagle

Request for Information Reference Number: RFI/101000129457

Thank you for your request for information, received on 13 August 2013. The information you have requested is as follows:

Dear Medway Council,

From the date of commencement of enforcement in  the above named bus lane to the week ending Saturday 3rd August 2013, please provide weekly breakdowns (commencing on the Sunday of each week) of the number of PCNs issued to motorists travelling through said bus lane.

Medway Council can confirm that there have been no Penalty Charge Notices issued in the bus lane that runs from Upbury Way to the Brook
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline redmai

• Follower
Dear BE,

Sincere apologies for not acknowledging sooner. Unfortunately we had a tree fall which took out our phone line, meaning no internet!

Thank you so much for your work on this. It is very much appreciated.

Regards
redmai :dancing:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player