Author Topic: NSL handout for $chunters  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
NSL handout for $chunters
« on: 18 August, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
The following is the text of a handout given to me yesterday by a $camera car driver in Waltham Forest. (The Bald Eagle was also given a copy)

Appendix 2

HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICE

We acknowledge and respect your right to monitor our CCTV car whilst it undertakes parking compliance monitoring on behalf of …… The London Borough of Waltham Forest……  However, we must remind you, particularly those of you who are following on motorbikes, to keep in mind our colleagues safety whilst they go about their jobs, other motorists, and members of the public -as well as yourselves. We must also remind you not to obstruct our work, for instance, by quickly weaving motorbike(s) in and out traffic or by suddenly and sharply overtaking our CCTV cars.

UNQUOTE

It appears that this might have been sent to all NSL bases judging by the extra fullstops enclosing the italicised borough name. It is likely that this is a result of the Bald Eagle's encounter with Paul in Sutton recently since the NSL response indicated that they had been in touch with all of their staff following that encounter.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: NSL handout for $chunters
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2013, 06:14:33 PM »
That looks pretty fair to me.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
Sounds to me like they are trying to make out we weaving all around the car!
What a bunch of tossers they really are. The way we follow a $cam cam car around is from behind!!!  Years of experience have taught us that to follow One of these Critters YOU NEED TO BE BEHIND IT!.......... W*nkers
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
That sounds like it was cobbled together by our old friend, Dr. Bellend. She does come out with some howlers. For the avoidance of doubt, from our statement of intent,

"I am not following the people in the car, I am following the car. If the people currently in it get out and others replace them, I will continue to follow the car."

Incidentally, Pat was following the car when it collided with a member of the public in Brent. The member of the public was not convinced NSL had his safety in mind.

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,2920.msg22672.html#msg22672

An ugly old moose earlier today,

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »
"Quickly" is obviously a relative term and has connotations of reckless behaviour, but if you take "quickly" out of that risible piece of propaganda sentence then maybe it's NSL's ignorant, misguided and somewhat pious description of filtering? An activity that we all know to be taught and condoned and surely one of the biggest advantages of using a powered two wheeler in a congested urban environment.  If that intimidates or worries the $car drivers then they shouldn't be driving in London (or anywhere to come to that). I would imagine that any PTWs passing the cars would be everyday Londoners going about their business, because as Pat and Ewan so eloquently point out above, we FOLLOW the $cars.
Sounds to me like dubious NSL spin trying to reinforce the negative stereotype of "the biker" and make out that we're a menace to all.  :bashy:
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 21 August, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
I  think the Brent $camera cars are APCOA.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
NSL Ltd have been forced to accept our assistance, plus our existence, just like the BPA Ltd. They cannot afford to ignore us any longer because of what we are doing on the streets and behind the scenes.

That's what happens when you are costing them loadsamoney. ;D

There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting bigger.

If you don't believe me, why were we told recently that if we are FOLLOWING a $car in a certain borough, the drivers have been instructed to do only MTVs and not parking?

Stay cool good people, we are getting there. 8)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU