Author Topic: Motorists to get money back after No To Mob expose criminality in Waltham Forest  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Attached is a letter to one of our members from Waltham Forest council's/Ascham Homes' lawyers which contains an admission that vehicles were towed away from private land after the date when legislation was enacted that criminalised such practices.

Section 54 The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 states:

54  Offence of immobilising etc. vehicles

(1) A person commits an offence who, without lawful authority

(a) immobilises a motor vehicle by the attachment to the vehicle, or a part of it, of an immobilising device, or

(b) moves, or restricts the movement of, such a vehicle by any means,

intending to prevent or inhibit the removal of the vehicle by a person otherwise entitled to remove it.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/section/54/enacted

A person or persons unknown sanctioned the towing away of vehicles from private land, thereby committing a criminal offence. In their letter to the No To Mob member who uncovered these illegal practices and who got them stopped, the council's lawyers admit that such criminal activities did indeed take place, and that any wronged motorist who applies will get their money back.

The No To Mob do not believe this goes far enough and will be pushing for Waltham Forest council/Ascham Homes to take a proactive role in making such repayments, by contacting directly those from whom it has illegally derived monies via criminal behaviour.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
The National & local press should have a field day with this. Pressure must be put on them to contact every one who was robbed of their property and money. Compensation is also justified here! Have Balliffs been used? Perhaps a class law suit against them is called for!
Well done guy's good work uncovering this total abuse of power.
 :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
I see. Multiple criminal offences have been commissioned and the way to put this right is to reimburse the victims but only if they ask. Sounds about right. If Hans Blix had only gone to Waltham Forest, he would have found his WMDs (Weasels Mugging Drivers)

W:T:F:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
How come, when a member of the public makes a mistake they get fined or sent down, but when a government department or a business working in conjunction with a government department makes a "mistake" the people involved get off scot free and only the stolen property is returned. And only if the victim asks for it?  :bashy:

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
How come, when a member of the public makes a mistake they get fined or sent down, but when a government department or a business working in conjunction with a government department makes a "mistake" the people involved get off scot free and only the stolen property is returned. And only if the victim asks for it?  :bashy:

Yeah, complete bollocks!!!
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Of course, if just one of those motorists who had their vehicle stolen were to walk into a police station with a copy of the letter of admission...
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Of course, if just one of those motorists who had their vehicle stolen were to walk into a police station with a copy of the letter of admission...

I like the cut of your jib  :-ev-: :-ev-: :-ev-:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Staps

• Follower
Can you imagine how out of control these bastards would be if the NoToMoB had not been formed, Richmond (not entirely NTM) hemel, Westminster, Medway etc etc .... Well done NTM

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
And I for one am proud to be part of it.  :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Me two if only now and then lol