Author Topic: Southend Echo Report 30/9/13 - Councils To Defy Pickles' Big Spy Cams Crackdown  (Read 3740 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Mark my words. Arrogance and greed will be their downfall. :P :-* :P :-*
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
This type of thing is just their last hoorah, before Eric Pickles proves he's NOT a toothless tiger.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
This type of thing is just their last hoorah, before Eric Pickles proves he's NOT a toothless tiger.

Yes, they'll wait until the $cars and CCTV Enforcement are actually made illegal before they stop using them. It could be, of course, that their Contract with whichever PPC stops them withdrawing them immediatly due to penalty clauses, but if they're made Illegal that couldn't apply.
Mr Pickles also has to go through a Consultation Process before the $cars/CCTV can be made Illegal, so they may be hoping to play the 'child safety card' durig that process - after all look at the money they will lose!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
They don't do it for the money. They are more concerned about how many children will be killed or injured when the safety cars are no longer there to protect them.

Whilst every effort has been made to keep this post free of sarcasm, it was composed where sarcasm is used so there may be traces of sarcasm.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.