Author Topic: Southampton Row Bus Lane Camera 244  (Read 5074 times)

Offline jiggaman

• Civilian
Southampton Row Bus Lane Camera 244
« on: 06 August, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
Hello All,

I thought I'd share my experience of challenging a PCN issued by Camden City Council.

I got a PCN because I drove into a bus lane for 2 seconds trying to avoid an aggressive motorcyclist who was overtaking me. I was intending to turn left anyway but I chose to go into the bus lane about 2 car lengths or 2 seconds earlier than allowed so I can allow the motorcyclist to overtake in safer way.

But of course there is a camera watching all this and decides to issue me with a £130 fine. I contested it with no luck. Camden council failed to show any compassion for me trying to do a sensible thing here and avoid a potential accident. Common sense no longer exists!!
I decided to go to to PATAS hoping that they would understand and unfortunately came across a very rude and stubborn man who chose not to agree with me. Oh by the way I forgot to mention to you all that I DIDN'T obstruct any other vehicle in the bus lane.

I have know realised that camera 224 on southampton row is certainly used to generate income. In 1hour and 20 mins that camera generated 10 PCN's (potentially £1300) on the same day that it generated my PCN. Further research has allowed me to find that this stretch of road and this specific camera has generated millions of pounds in revenue in this year alone.

There is something obviously wrong here. If camden know that they are generating lots of PCN's then they should do something to stop motorists from accidentally driving into the bus lane, they should not issue tickets if the car has not blocked usage of the bus lane....

Lets face it camera 224 is all about making money. 

I feel so let down. I feel there is no sense of morality any longer. I am angry, I feel useless and ultimately I feel like I have been mugged.

To finish off I will give you some context as to why I was driving in southampton row. I am a london based teacher. I was on my way way to an educational conference after school. I did this in my own time and without pay. I was looking into new ways of improving the mathematical education of the children of Westminster. In other words I was looking to better society through the work I do. Camden city Council have seriously dampened my belief in society. I now know the good guys never win.

Oh... I had to pay £10 congestion charge as well.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Southampton Row Bus Lane Camera 244
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2013, 06:06:06 PM »
Welcome jiggaman, and welcome to OUR world.

Your tale of woe is one we hear repeated only too often. The slightest mistake and you get caned by an unscrupulous and immoral council (thought you would like the reference to caning what with being a teacher ;D).

Keep your chin up bruv. There is light at the end of the tunnel and we may yet see an end to this dreadful "industry".

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jiggaman

• Civilian
Re: Southampton Row Bus Lane Camera 244
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Thanks man. You guys are wicked - and have gained a new recruit. Please let me know how I can help ... this has got to come to a stop.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player