Author Topic: F*ck POPLA, we've got bigger fish to fry.  (Read 10266 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
F*ck POPLA, we've got bigger fish to fry.
« on: 21 October, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
As we know POPLA was supposed to be handed over by 1st October. In the normal scheme of things London Councils of 59 1/2 Southwark Street (I think Nick Lester is the '1/2') would be chasing this up but they've been a bit pre-occupied. Apparently, some bounder (or group of bounders) has fixed a portable derail to the tracks just ahead of the massive gravy train that has been thundering through London for the last 20 and a bit years. The committee is meeting on Thursday to ask it's members for their thoughts on government proposals. A report has been written by Andrew Luck. Methinks their luck is fast running out.

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/committees/agenda.htm?pk_agenda_items=5430

Click on the Item 10 pdf at the bottom. (go on, you know you want to)

Point 3 sets out the flavour of it. Council officers seem to know better how to run enforcement than old tubby Pickles sticking his oar in as usual. They think they can come up with ideas that sustain fairness to the motorist.  :rotfl:

The rest of the report then goes into the usual weasel words of how effective CCTV enforcement has been in keeping the kiddies safe, especially outside schools, protecting the vulnerable, manging congestion, etc. Point 4 mentions that Greenwich and Kensington & Chelsea are the only two boroughs that don't have child protection $cars. I'm wondering how many casualties they get in those boroughs because the councils don't take public safety seriously enough. (especially outside schools)

Point 9 gets to the nitty-gritty. If CCTV tax farming is banned the the weasels won't be getting their money's worth out of all the public money they've spunked on it so far.

12 is a good one. Motorists should be compensated for wrongly issued fines. The bloody cheek of it. The council is never wrong. We work bloody hard down here, protecting the kiddies, keeping traffic flowing, and this is the thanks we get.

Boys and girls, I present to you item 15,

"There are no financial implications for London Councils or London boroughs arising from this report as it stands, though the Government’s proposals could have very significant financial implications for boroughs and London Councils, if implemented."

Very significant financial implications! Strange. That's what I thought it was all about.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: F*ck POPLA, we've got bigger fish to fry.
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
I suppose we could always put in some FOI's asking how many children were injured outside schools year on year outside schools!
Before and after the introduction of the $camera cars.
And if they say they do not have this information JOB DONE! another lie brought into the light of day.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline goody2shoes

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »
I expect you'll bar me when I've finished I quite expect you to, but you keep inviting a "weasel"( I prefer the term parking professional) to respond lets see if you like an different point of view or are the notomob scared of a different viewpoint.

When you first started you were clear you were not in favour of illegal parking so why now are you constantly defending it?  What actions do you think will make a motorist park properly with consideration for others other than enforcement action.  Should it need valuable police time to be spent keeping the highways clear or why shouldn't a proper ELECTED authority have the powers to do so using contractors do the job and what is wrong with covering their costs? After all it is the electorate that can change the entire authority  at election time if they don't like the regime!

There are good well tested ways to contest a ticket and yes sometimes errors are made and it is these processes which resolve the matter not self appointed watchers of the state.

Why should children be put at risk at school gates if you had seen the evidence I have of parents driving and parking behaviour you would be screaming for more enforcement not less.  Using mobile CCTV is more cost effective it provides proper evidence and prevents assaults on staff.  The old saying still goes "Park properly and you don't need to worry about getting a PCN.

Notomob should be the motorists champion not the self seeking likes of Pickles, Herron and Segal they are only in it for themselves.  But the campaign for fair, consistent proper parking management should be carried out with respect to the professionals who would be willing to listen if you weren't so rude and apparently biased.

Believe it or not the majority of people working in the industry (no apologies for industry all of us earn a living in an industry whether it is dustman or judge) we seek to provide a good service that is fair to all.

If you want a proper discussion I'm here.

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
Interesting post, Goddy2shoes.

And, if the $cars were used to control the amazingly bad driving at school gates, then I, for one, would be all for it.

But I ride past schools every day at around the time the kids are being dropped off. There are NEVER any $cars there ensuring safe driving near the little ones. As a result, the areas are incredibly dangerous. Not only for the kids, but also for other road users.

So, why don't the councils use the $cars to protect our kids? I don't know the answer to that one, especially as it's a line that they throw out at every opportunity.

As to the Notomob championing illegal parking. We don't. We champion proper parking where restrictions are properly set up and signed. The problem that we have is that councils seem to be almost completely unable to follow the simple rules that they are legally obliged to work under.

Time and again, we have pointed out deficiencies to them and they always say that they know best - until the higher authorities force them to behave properly.

As to being able to vote councils out at elections, the problem is that the ones usually responsible for failing to follow the rules are usually the permanent employees within the councils' workforces. The electorate has NO say in their continuance of employment. It is only by demonstrating incompetence that there is any chance of getting them replaced...

Bob
« Last Edit: 22 October, 2013, 03:36:30 PM by Belplasca »
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 22 October, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
Welcome Goody2shoes

We're nice really

The old saying still goes "Park properly and you don't need to worry about getting a PCN.

Really?

Get ticket, appeal, appeal refused, appeal to TPT.  TPT produces the amazing decision that it is OK for a bus to drive in a bus lane.

As an industry professional, tell me:
Can you park in a marked parking bay displaying double yellow lines with both a "P" sign and a "no parking at any time" sign?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 22 October, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
Welcome to the gang goody2shoes! I'll extend you the courtesy of being thought of as a parking professional since I know little of you so far. We have come across some professionals in the past, most notably a fine gentleman by the name of Hakim Berkani who was managed out of the job he loved by his filthy weasel managers at NSL because he objected to unlawful ticket targets. More often than not, the industry is populated by weasels rather than professionals who seem to think that raking as much profit in by nefarious means is somehow linked to child safety. We did have one such weasel on here briefly who thought he was a bit of a goody two shoes. We tried to show him the error of his ways but he was adamant.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 22 October, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »
If the $cars outside schools reduce accidents then the FOI route will prove this, I would not hold your breath waiting for a response in your favour of the $camera cars though. The only thing that will have increased is the revenue gained by issuing PCN's via a $car.
These vehicles should ONLY be used where it is not safe for a CEO to be used! this is not up for interpretation or discussion. The EA and contractors are abusing the motorists for financial gain, this is the type of indefensible abuse we are against. If it means that where we are successful the Council losses revenue TOUGH! we have had enough and we are not going to stop until these practices are a thing of the past.
It really does not matter whether you are a Contractor or local Authority if you abuse your position prepare to be abused!!!

Edit
When a CEO is issuing PCN's outside a school in uniform and being very conspicuous they are adding to road safety, whilst a very inconspicuous $camera car parked halfway up the road over a dropped kirb (as in Bexley) in between cars using a roof camera adds bugger all to road safety. In fact they can sit there and film an accident caused by an illegally parked vehicle. When the CEO in the car should have been more gainfully employed moving the vehicle on. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

Try and defend that if you can!

« Last Edit: 22 October, 2013, 10:29:31 PM by Pat Pending »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 22 October, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
I will also post on here a rejection letter from a Local Authority Parking dept (NSL) which is sheer make up the rules as you go along. It is the type of abuse and total bollocks that we see every day. I will put it up as soon as the Adjudication has been dealt with.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 22 October, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
I expect you'll bar me when I've finished I quite expect you to.

You are quite wrong we have no need to bar you as you are not personally our Target oops! there's that word again, funny how it keeps popping up when we are talking about the so called Parking Industry. <_>

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 22 October, 2013, 11:24:14 PM »
Goody2shoes, welcome.
Park properly and you don't need to worry about getting a PCN.

Now that's not true either, is it?  As seen on Inside Out London, broadcast 23rd September 2013 I believe, where CEO's admit to issuing tickets to legally parked vehicles.  Now, it doesn't matter if one parking professional or every parking professional has done it, that "old saying" is complete bollocks, wouldn't you agree?

If you want a proper discussion we're here.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #10 on: 23 October, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »

We know exactly where you are thank you Ms Webb.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #11 on: 23 October, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »
@goody2shoes

By the way, do you like apples?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #12 on: 23 October, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
 sing along now...... It's all gone quiet over there........ Was it something we said?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 23 October, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 23 October, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »
 :-XHi Goody2shoes..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :-X :-X :-X

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player