Author Topic: Working for the electorate. Hmmm, how about not.  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Working for the electorate. Hmmm, how about not.
« on: 13 November, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
They still have a nasty weasel infestation in Sutton.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/10780394.Driver_forced_to_pay_parking_ticket_twice_after_Sutton_Council_cashes_cheque_then_claims_it_never_received_it/

"It was only after the Sutton Guardian contacted the filthy $cum $ucking weasel$ that they agreed to reluctantly release Ms Rawley's money from their vice like grip."

How about the rest of it since parking in front of a dropped kerb is not a contravention if you have the land owner's permission? I for one will not be holding my breath on that one.

:bashy: X100
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Working for the electorate. Hmmm, how about not.
« Reply #1 on: 14 November, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
How about the rest of it since parking in front of a dropped kerb is not a contravention if you have the land owner's permission? I for one will not be holding my breath on that one.

:bashy: X100

Surely you're not suggesting they have ticket targets in Sutton and are issuing tickets they know aren't enforceable in order to ensure they (NSL) receive their bonus payments? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 14 November, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
Course not. It's to ensure the children get home safely. Don't you know nuffink?

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2013, 09:02:04 AM »
To be fair, how is a CEO (whoever he/she is employed by) supposed to tell if the driver of an unattended vehicle has got the permission of the property owner to park in front of their dropped kerb? They don't have PNC access - thank God! - although even if they did it wouldn't have helped in this case.

I am not in any way defending this Council's taking money from this lady twice for the same contravention, and then not refunding until the local Press got involved.
« Last Edit: 15 November, 2013, 10:38:26 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 15 November, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
To be fair, how is a CEO (whoever he/she is employed by) supposed to tell if the driver of an unattended vehicle has got the permission of the property owner to park in front of their dropped kerb? They don't have PNC access - thank God! - although even if they did it wouldn't have helped in this case.

If you have a problem with people parking across your dropped kerb you can write to the council and ask them to send a CEO round to issue tickets. Those tickets would then be issued to ANYONE who parks there, including the resident.

However, unless you have made such a request it is not up to a CEO in a $camera car (or indeed any CEO) to decide whether the parker (is that a word?) is there against the wishes of the resident.

So the question is, did the resident relative make such a request? If they did, the ticket was righteous. If they didn't, the council should be returning the money in its entirety.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 15 November, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

If you have a problem with people parking across your dropped kerb you can write to the council and ask them to send a CEO round to issue tickets. Those tickets would then be issued to ANYONE who parks there, including the resident.

Apparently, Sutton go one better than writing to them - they have a "hotline" to NSL for residents to complain on - see this from their website:-

"General Requests for Parking Enforcement: If you wish to report a vehicle parked in contravention please ring the Councils enforcement contractor, NSL on 020 8661 9645.

Dropped Kerb Enforcement: If you wish to report a vehicle parked in front of your dropped kerb without your permission. Please ring the Councils enforcement contractor, NSL on 020 8661 9645. You will be asked for your name and address and the Civil Enforcement Officer will knock at your door to confirm you are the householder before issuing a Penalty Charge Notice."

Obviously, NSL conveniently 'forgot' to knock on the door in this example.
« Last Edit: 15 November, 2013, 11:58:05 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 15 November, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »
Obviously, NSL conveniently 'forgot' to knock on the door in this example.

Can't have CEOs getting out of their nice, comfortable, air conditioned environments Dick.

Whatever next!? W:T:F:

You will be expecting them to know their own rules and regs as laid down by their employers and that would never do when you have a target to achieve.

And they wonder why Eric Pickles is going to ban the lot of them from using CCTV cameras to enforce parking. To find the culprits they should purchase a mirror and take a good long look at the weasel that is staring back.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 16 November, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
Maybe I should apply - an air conditioned office would be nice!

I'm not holding my breath for Mr Pickles - these things sound good at Party Conferences - but (AFAIK) they would have to introduce new Legislation, and since this wasn't mentioned in the Queens Speech, it has no Parliamentary time allocated to it and risks being dropped at the end of this Parliament which I believe is in 2015 assuming that the Tories and the Lib Dems manage to stay 'friends' that long.

Sorry to be so negative -  I've been at a Fatal RTA for 4 hours tonight, so I'm not in a very positive state of mind.
« Last Edit: 16 November, 2013, 01:23:00 AM by DastardlyDick »