Author Topic: NSL wardens SCRAPED SNOW from double yellow lines so they could issue tickets  (Read 3128 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
According to the spokesman, NSL don't have ticket targets and don't incentivise their CEOs. :pmsl:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Caught on camera: Jobsworth wardens SCRAPED SNOW from double yellow lines so they could slap tickets on parked cars

Inspectors put fines on cars abandoned in heavy snow in Nottingham

Pensioner embarked on 18-month campaign to get council to admit traffic wardens were wrong to issue tickets

Anthony Wilkinson caught wardens on camera and realised they had also been clocked by CCTV

A grandfather caught a pair of mean-spirited traffic wardens removing snow from double yellow lines to make it appear as if drivers had purposely parked illegally.

Once the lines had been revealed, the over-officious inspectors had no hesitation in dishing out tickets on the vehicles left abandoned in Boston Street, Nottingham when heavy snow fell.

But pensioner Anthony Wilkinson spotted the wardens' underhand actions and embarked on an 18-month campaign to get the council to admit that the tickets should not have been issued.

He says the incident has brought to light a possible 'culture of deception and disdain for the public' among parking industry employees.

Mr Wilkinson had been left stranded in the city because of the heavy snow on November 30, 2010.

Quickly appreciating that the inspectors were up to no good, the 70-year-old grabbed his camera to snap the wardens' efforts to ensnare motorists at around 8.30pm.

Through a window above the road the grandfather of two observed the two inspectors issuing tickets to two cars having removed snow to reveal double yellow lines.

Mr Wilkinson then realised he had further evidence of the untoward behaviour in the form of CCTV shot from a camera positioned outside his office.

Although the cars did not belong to him, outraged Mr Wilkinson turned good Samaritan and decided to investigate if the actions of the over-zealous officers were fair.

Now after an 18 month battle in which 30 letters were sent Nottingham City Council has finally admitted to the semi-retired printer that the wardens were in the wrong.

Mr Wilkinson said: 'When I first contacted the council they told me the wardens had not moved the snow, they didn’t know I had the footage so it was then I decided to take it further.

'I thought ‘no, they’re, wrong’, I think it has highlighted a possible culture of deception and disdain for the public among the employees of the parking industry.

'It was one of the worst nights of snow of the year and there were people abandoning their cars elsewhere in the city.

'It was a very insignificant road, it’s not like these cars were blocking access and they could have been left there because of the heavy snow.

'There are places on this road you can park freely and I think that would have been made harder to see with the snow. It’s about common sense.

'I have nothing against parking restrictions and they can do a good job but I didn’t like it when I was told they hadn’t done it and I had CCTV showing they had.'

After the incident Nottingham City Council, which employed private firm NSL to enforce parking, continually denied the wardens had done anything wrong.

Now Mr Wilkinson has finally received a letter from Nottingham City Council stating that the fines had been cancelled and the tickets should not have been issued.

The letter reads: 'The conduct of the civil enforcement officers was not and would never be condoned by Nottingham City Council.

'In this instance the enforcement was certainly not fair or accurate and was not consistent with the high standards of enforcement expected.'

The council no longer uses NSL and its own staff now enforce parking regulations.

In a previous letter to Mr Wilkinson the council had stated that it did not have a 'specific protocol' for snow on yellow lines, but added that 'civil enforcement officers must be able to see the lines and the windscreen in order to be able to issue.

'This would normally cover snow, standing water, frost, leaves and similar.'

A spokesman from NSL said traffic wardens are not given any incentives, nor are they set targets, which is against the law.

ENDS

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189419/Grandfather-70--caught-traffic-wardens-scraping-snow-double-yellow-lines-slap-parking-tickets-cars.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
One wonders if the CEOs would have offered to remove the snow to assist a motorist trying to proceed along the road???

But there wouldn't be any revenue in that, would there?

And, of course, it's all about the money!
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
A spokesweasel from NSL said, "Does anyone know where I can get fire retardant trousers? That's the fourth pair this week."

Last winter the Bexley weasels were spotted on snow clearing duties in the car park round the back of the HSBC. NSL again. Seems to be a common theme. I wonder if Dr. Bellend thinks snow clearing prevents the kiddies from slipping over and hurting themselves? I think Dr. Bellend has a very appropriate name.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Well at least the Council saw sense and got rid of NSL

Offline Overlord

• Follower
If NSL don't have targets, what the hell are CEOs doing out in the freezing cold scraping snow off road markings in order to issue parking tickets. What a corrupt bunch these people are. The council are out and out liars and the CEOs enjoy causing other people misery. At least NSL got their comeuppance! There's only one word for the lot of them. Scum! Well done Anthony Wilkinson. Great news. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
….and another thing. The b :o stards aren't always keen to be on snow clearing duties,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335849/Grandmother-slapped-parking-fine-warden-couldn-t-ticket-snow.html

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
..... only when it suits them!  :bashy:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player