Author Topic: Southwark CEO parks on the pavement...  (Read 8783 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
Southwark CEO parks on the pavement...
« on: 03 December, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
... to issue a PCN for pavement parking.

Now what has PaTAS previously said on this issue?  I remember...

"The CEO's own vehicle appears to be stopped at the same location and therefore also in contravention. It would therefore offend the rules of natural justice for the enforcement authority to continue enforcing this penalty charge notice. "

PaTAS case 2120136111.

Clearly it is one rule for the Council and one for the serfs.
« Last Edit: 03 December, 2013, 03:33:15 PM by BGB »

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
Re: Southwark CEO parks on the pavement...
« Reply #1 on: 03 December, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
Well the lazy w-anchor could have parked on the white zig-zag!
Willing to do my bit...

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »

Except he'd then be committing a Criminal Offence.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 03 December, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »

He could even have parked in the parking bay opposite!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »

He could even have parked in the parking bay opposite!

What! Actually walk somewhere?  :o

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 03 December, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
You can bet your b*ll*cks he did not walk it on or off the pavement. This will also be a criminal offence I think. Driving on a footway?
« Last Edit: 03 December, 2013, 10:27:10 PM by Pat Pending »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 04 December, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
You can bet your b*ll*cks he did not walk it on or off the pavement. This will also be a criminal offence I think. Driving on a footway?

I actually meant Parking Legally and then walking to where the alleged Contravention was occuring.  :)

But yes, had a Police Officer seen him, he could have been stuck on.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #7 on: 05 December, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
I would be interested to hear the council spokesweasel's slant on this.

"We would like to thank the member of the public for bringing to our attention that enforcement by CEO is difficult, sensitive and not practical. We will now be using mobile CCTV cars to to improve the service we provide to our customers, especially near schools. If the customer who took the pictures would like to tell us where he was parked, we can then issue him with a PCN."

:o
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 05 December, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
Interestingly, the vehicle being ticketed for footway parking were unloading building materials to an adjacent property so if they appeal to PaTAS their PCN will be cancelled as there is a statutory exemption.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 07 December, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
Interestingly, the vehicle being ticketed for footway parking were unloading building materials to an adjacent property so if they appeal to PaTAS their PCN will be cancelled as there is a statutory exemption.

"Builders dropping off or picking up tools from a site are exempt, but the vehicle must be removed immediately the loading and unloading has been completed. If it is essential for a vehicle to be parked nearby while working (e.g. a glazier’s or scaffolder’s vehicle) then you should contact the council to make special arrangements."

So if the correct observation time was given the PCN could be upheld - not that this excuses the appalling double standard of ticketing a vehicle while commiting the same Contravention.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 31 December, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »

"Builders dropping off or picking up tools from a site are exempt, but the vehicle must be removed immediately the loading and unloading has been completed. If it is essential for a vehicle to be parked nearby while working (e.g. a glazier’s or scaffolder’s vehicle) then you should contact the council to make special arrangements."

So if the correct observation time was given the PCN could be upheld - not that this excuses the appalling double standard of ticketing a vehicle while commiting the same Contravention.

If the correct observation time was given, then the CEO would have noted activity around the vehicle.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #11 on: 01 January, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »
I'll bet the contemporaneous notes say something like "No loading observed" and that the wily weasel waited for the lads to disappear before slapping the PCN on and getting a quick shot of the deserted truck. Either that or a creative camera angle from the front.

There's obviously some loading activity in your snap so the only contravention I can see is the one the weasel has committed.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #12 on: 01 January, 2014, 12:03:43 PM »
Ahem! :schucks:

Zigzag lines on a pedestrian crossing? ::)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 01 January, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »
Ahem...... :schucks:  I thought the Police enforced Zig Zags not CEO's  as it's a 3 point on your License jobby.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #14 on: 01 January, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »
Ahem. :schucks:

I think you'll find contravention code 99 is the appropriate one for civil enforcement. Old Bill can still do you too, and that is indeed a 3 pointer AND a fine.

Mrs Eagle often spouts the old adage, "I married Mr Right. Problem was I didn't realise his first name was Always."

Maybe she's onto something, but I'm sure you will all now be queuing up to point out all the times I was Mr Wrong.

Bring it on. I can take it! ???

Hehehehehehehe. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player