Author Topic: Southwark CEO parks on the pavement...  (Read 8745 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
Re: Southwark CEO parks on the pavement...
« Reply #15 on: 01 January, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
ahem,

The zig-zag only applies to the carriageway, not the footway so parking on the footway adjacent to the zig-zag is not a parking on the zig-zag offence. :o

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997/2400/contents/made

"20.  (2) Except as provided in regulations 21 and 22 the driver of a vehicle shall not cause it or any part of it to stop in a controlled area."

"“controlled area” means a Pelican controlled area, a Puffin controlled area or a Zebra controlled area;"

"“Zebra controlled area” means an area of carriageway in the vicinity of a Zebra crossing the limits of which are indicated in accordance with regulation 6(1) and Part II of Schedule 1;"

"“carriageway” means—
(a)in relation to a crossing on a highway in England or Wales or on a road in Scotland, a way constituting or comprised in the highway or road being a way over which the public has a right of way for the passage of vehicles;
"

« Last Edit: 01 January, 2014, 03:08:28 PM by BGB »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #16 on: 01 January, 2014, 04:20:08 PM »
I'm sure you will all now be queuing up to point out all the times I was Mr Wrong.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #17 on: 01 January, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
Whoops!

I stand corrected. Mea culpa. :schucks:

I thought the truck had two wheels on the carriageway. I didn't study the picture properly.

I must tell Mrs Eagle that she married neither Mr Right OR Mr Always. :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks: :schucks:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #18 on: 01 January, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
Ahem......Ahem....... Ahem...... Sounds like we need shit load of cough medicine around here!  ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #19 on: 02 January, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
I have a picture which demonstrates contravention code 99. A council spokeweasel said, "Being stopped on a crossing area marked by zig-zags is very dangerous indeed, especially to children and the elderly. We encourage our CEOs to park there whenever possible which effectively prevents selfish drivers from parking there and consequently maintains safety."

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 02 January, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
 :bashy: "Being stopped on a crossing area marked by zig-zags is very dangerous indeed, especially to children and the elderly." So says the council spokes person. But when a council vehicle is stopped on a crossing area marked by zig-zags it doesn't cause a blind spot and is perfectly safe, especially to children and the elderly. It's still a vehicle stopped on an area marked by zig-zags causing a blind spot. Does this council spokes person think that children and the elderly can see through their vehicles? What excuses will these people come up with next to try and legitimise their own contraventions? These plebs must think we've just arrived with the morning frost.

Perhaps it's time the police took a hand and started issuing their own contravention notices and fines to these law breakers.
« Last Edit: 02 January, 2014, 06:49:56 PM by Overlord »

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 02 January, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
What excuses will these people come up with next to try and legitimise their own contraventions? These plebs must think we've just arrived with the morning frost. Perhaps it's time the police took a hand and started issuing their own contravention notices and fines to these law breakers.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd have no hesitation in issuing an FPN(E) to that van. One of the lovely new pink forms we've got - 3 points and £100 and the Driver would have to explain him/herself to a Magistrate if he/she wanted to contest it! I might have to look up the Offence Code mind you - not many people are stupid/inconsiderate/arrogant (delete as appropriate) enough to do it.

« Last Edit: 02 January, 2014, 07:10:52 PM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 02 January, 2014, 10:18:21 PM »
Are you a police officer by any chance DastardlyDick? I'd love to see that. What a hoot!  :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: By the way, what is an FPN(E)?

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #23 on: 02 January, 2014, 10:29:59 PM »
Fixed Penalty Notice (Endorsable) [3 points]

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #24 on: 02 January, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
Fixed Penalty Notice (Endorsable) [3 points]

And £100

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #25 on: 03 January, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »
Or £200 + 6 points if you are, how did you put it again Dick? ah yes, stupid/inconsiderate/arrogant.

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/123890-traffic-warden-parks-van-on-zig-zags-offence-or-not/

post #7, I have done this!! CEO contested my ticket saying that he had special dispensation to park 'anywhere in order to issue a ticket in line with his role'. It went to mags court and he was fined £200 plus 6 points on his licence!!!!!!!! Judge said he should by far know better and the punishment to him should act as a warning to other CEO's. Clearly it didn't!!

also of note, post # 8, Excellent! The witnesses to this are now being sought by Herts Traffic so that statements can be taken....

Then post # 14, I have issued a ticket for this in the past to a CEO and they paid up, also reported a CEO for taxi touting in the West End on his night off, 3 month disqualification and a £600 fine, amazing when you think the lack of punishment people get for other offences.

It seems the average cozzer is not happy about these cowboys running round town doing as they please.

Offline «THÖMÅS®©™»

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 06 January, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »
Hello No To Mob...

I am new to this forum, and would like to say that your cause is admirable...

In relation to this thread:

It is an offence under section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 to ride/drive a motor vehicle on a pavement or bridleway.  The consequences are that you could have your vehicle seized and crushed if you don't pay a fine (issued by the police) to get your vehicle back within a 2 week period (varies by force)

It is also an offence under section 34 if the Road Traffic Act 1988 to ride/drive a motor vehicle on a pavement or bridleway with consequences of points on ones licence and/or an unlimited fine.

So by riding his moped on the path (as seen on the pictures) he has committed 2 different offences in addition to the PCN... The joys of knowing this stuff!
It's not "enforcement", it's "extortionate"!

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 06 January, 2014, 08:08:22 AM »
Hello No To Mob...

It is an offence under section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 to ride/drive a motor vehicle on a pavement or bridleway.  The consequences are that you could have your vehicle seized and crushed if you don't pay a fine (issued by the police) to get your vehicle back within a 2 week period (varies by force)

It is also an offence under section 34 if the Road Traffic Act 1988 to ride/drive a motor vehicle on a pavement or bridleway with consequences of points on ones licence and/or an unlimited fine.

So by riding his moped on the path (as seen on the pictures) he has committed 2 different offences in addition to the PCN... The joys of knowing this stuff!

All perfectly true but first of all a Police Officer has to actually see the Offence being committed, and to seize a vehicle under s.59 PRA a warning has to be given first.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #28 on: 06 January, 2014, 10:42:22 AM »
Hello No To Mob...

Hello «THÖMÅS®©™» and welcome.

Please feel free to contribute as you see fit. All intel is good intel. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #29 on: 06 January, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Or £200 + 6 points if you are, how did you put it again Dick? ah yes, stupid/inconsiderate/arrogant.

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/123890-traffic-warden-parks-van-on-zig-zags-offence-or-not/

post #7, I have done this!! CEO contested my ticket saying that he had special dispensation to park 'anywhere in order to issue a ticket in line with his role'. It went to mags court and he was fined £200 plus 6 points on his licence!!!!!!!! Judge said he should by far know better and the punishment to him should act as a warning to other CEO's. Clearly it didn't!!

also of note, post # 8, Excellent! The witnesses to this are now being sought by Herts Traffic so that statements can be taken....

Then post # 14, I have issued a ticket for this in the past to a CEO and they paid up, also reported a CEO for taxi touting in the West End on his night off, 3 month disqualification and a £600 fine, amazing when you think the lack of punishment people get for other offences.

It seems the average cozzer is not happy about these cowboys running round town doing as they please.

It would appear that the Magistrates aren't happy either - more than trebling the fine and doubling the points is very rare.
« Last Edit: 06 January, 2014, 11:06:53 AM by DastardlyDick »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player