Author Topic: Bailiffs?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Bailiffs?
« on: 22 December, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »
I have seen a clamped car with a Newlyn Bailiff sticker on the screen in my Local shops car park. This car park is privately owned and has a parasite infestation called UK Parking Ltd.  As this car will now incure excess parking charges as a result of being immobilised, can the owner now pass this charge on to Newlyn and eventually get the Balliffs onto the Balliffs? 
Also what are the legal implications of the Bailiffs patrolling a privately owned commercial car park just immobilising vehicles when they see fit?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Bailiffs?
« Reply #1 on: 22 December, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »
For one thing the bailiffs are probably in breach of the parking weasel's terms and conditions and will end up getting a sPeCulative iNvoice.

:pmsl:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

EDW2000

« Reply #2 on: 22 December, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
I have seen a clamped car with a Newlyn Bailiff sticker on the screen in my Local shops car park. This car park is privately owned and has a parasite infestation called UK Parking Ltd.  As this car will now incure excess parking charges as a result of being immobilised, can the owner now pass this charge on to Newlyn and eventually get the Balliffs onto the Balliffs? 
Also what are the legal implications of the Bailiffs patrolling a privately owned commercial car park just immobilising vehicles when they see fit?

Clamping is illegal on private land unless it's a railway station etc. The clamp was probably for non-payment of council PCN via Newlyn ANPR.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
I knew it was not a private clamp, I was just beating my gums about the fact that they have driven into a commercial property to clamp a private car and the implications surrounding this.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

EDW2000

« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
They cannot enter land not owned by the debtor without consent of landlord.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 22 December, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »
They cannot enter land not owned by the debtor without consent of landlord.

Hmmmm interesting......so if the land owner gave permission for the vehicle to be immobilised, and then the vehicle was given a speculative Invoice for the time it was immobilised.....…..?

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 23 December, 2013, 05:12:20 AM »
Surely, the moment they clamp it, the ownership passes in a technical, legal sense to the entity that employed the bailifs... So, any sPeCulative iNvoice would be down to them...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #7 on: 23 December, 2013, 07:41:23 AM »
There is the possibility that the photographic evidence might be taken showing your vehicle's 'good side.' A BPA spokesweasel said, "Selfish parkers run the risk of their partners and children being brutally raped but creative photography is something that we frown upon."

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 23 December, 2013, 06:30:52 PM »
I  have seen vehicles clamped by Bailiffs at least twice before in this car park.  Either they have taken to cruising the private car park, or my suspicions are raised that the ANPR (UK Parking) cameras are flagging up wanted cars!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player