Author Topic: DVLA playing free and easy with personal data...  (Read 2217 times)

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
DVLA playing free and easy with personal data...
« on: 09 January, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »
So there is more evidence of DVLA playing free and easy with ALL our personal data including enough information for any halfwit to be able to commit unlimited identity theft!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/09/car-insurance-premiums-licence-records-online

HELP!!!!
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: DVLA playing free and easy with personal data...
« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2014, 06:56:34 AM »
I like the second link under that story about someone taking refuge at a Moto Services in bad weather and later finding themselves chased by debt collectors...

Of course, The Guardian just poimts out that there were signs (probably totally obscured in the blizzard)...

The charge was cancelled, but it's just another example of totally unreasonable behaviour by the parking "industry".

But, as we all know IT'S JUST ABOUT THE MONEY.

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
I can see the logic in allowing Insurance Company's to see your driving record to assess the risk you pose - but allowing any Tom, Dick or Harriet to do the same? Why? What does the average member of the public need this information for? More importantly, what use could a miscreant make of this information?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 10 January, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »
Does this mean that PPCs won't have to pay £2.50 for keeper's details now?

And what about PPCs who are not members of the BPA's AOS? A searchable database will allow them to issue Parking Charge Notices through the post.

This whole scheme is simply wrong. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2014, 12:03:26 AM »
It appears that I may have got it wrong - apparently to access this information will require your NI Number, Licence Number and Post Code. I guess the weasels won't be able to get hold of those unless your silly enough to tell them.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player