Author Topic: Hypothetical scenario.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Hypothetical scenario.
« on: 11 January, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
My self and a colleague are driving along a road in Scotland in a Company car, It is Sunny & we have the Sun visor down, we are both wearing company uniforms and are of a similar build. The vehicle is classified as a pool car and we both share the long drive back from Scotland. One of us got snapped by a Gatso camera and the company receives the good news through the post. Both myself and colleague have no idea who was driving at the time we were snapped, we don't deny the fact it was our vehicle with one of us driving, but which one?  The photographic evidence is inconclusive. How would the Police proceed with this?  <_>
« Last Edit: 11 January, 2014, 09:54:52 PM by Coco »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Hypothetical scenario.
« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
This has happened in the past, if you genuinely don't know who was driving at the time then they can't issue a ticket.
« Last Edit: 11 January, 2014, 09:55:43 PM by Coco »
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
Sunny in Scotland? Are you serious? The prosecution will tear you apart! Seriously though, this issue has famously come up before. Christine and Neil Hamilton, known as the Hamilton defence,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-202833/Christine-Hamilton-cleared-speeding.html

After perhaps over a week has passed I'd be surprised if anyone could say for sure who was driving on a particular stretch.

« Last Edit: 11 January, 2014, 09:56:01 PM by Coco »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
Why not put that scenario to the cops Pat and ask if the photos can help identify the driver.

If they can't, what can anyone do? <_>
« Last Edit: 11 January, 2014, 09:56:28 PM by Coco »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »
Sorry for the pedantry guys but I just had to correct the spelling - it was driving me nuts!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
Sorry for the pedantry guys but I just had to correct the spelling - it was driving me nuts!
No you misunderstand Coco, we don't know who was driving. I've no idea who this bloke Pedantry is, but he weren't driving the motor or me nuts!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #6 on: 12 January, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
 :D  :D  :D

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 12 January, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »
Is Scottish Law identical to English Law when it comes to identifiying the driver at the time of an alledged Offence?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player