Author Topic: Save the Brighton Speed Trials  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Save the Brighton Speed Trials
« on: 30 December, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »
I was emailed this over Christmas so thought I'd pass it on. Seems a shame to me that they want to end over a century of tradition. I've duly signed it and ask you to do the same if you feel similarly.

SAVE THE BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS

Please read, sign the petion and pass this request to as many people that you know who might be prepared to support this petition.  Thank You!

We need your help to save the Brighton Speed Trials - the longest running motorsport event in the UK . It is under threat by Brighton and Hove Council who want to refuse permission and block the event taking place on the seafront.

You can help by signing our petition and sharing the link with friends: http://tinyurl.com/qjtbmub. Don't delay; the council will be making a decision on 23 January 2014!

You may not be aware but the Speed Trials has been running in Brighton since 1905 and is an entertaining fun-packed day out for the whole family to watch some of the UK 's best race cars and motor bikes compete along Madeira Drive . Over two hundred cars and motor bikes line up to take a timed run including road cars, race cars and drag bikes who compete to win the fastest in their class. A top six run-off to find the fastest car and bike brings the day to a dramatic close.

Don't let the council block the event, please sign the petition and spread the word.

Many thanks

ARTHUR
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Save the Brighton Speed Trials
« Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
'Tis done
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #2 on: 30 December, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »
Done!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 30 December, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 30 December, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »
Petition Signed.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #5 on: 31 December, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »
I'm in
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 31 December, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
Dun & dusted.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 24 January, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
Good work everyone! Apparently they've actually listened to public opinion and the event is saved - scheduled for 6th September this year according to MCN's website.  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
The Brighton Speed Trials has been saved following a major campaign by event organisers, The Brighton and Hove Motor Club. After the council initially declined an application to run the event in 2014, its Economic Development and Culture Committee voted unanimously last night to allow the event to continue. It will be held this year on 6th September.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2014/January/jan2413-brighton-speed-trial-saved/
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 24 January, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
 :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 25 January, 2014, 01:51:10 PM »
People power, we love it  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 30 January, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
maybe they recognised some of the names on the petition and thought  "oh oh NoToMoB are on to us    fuckit"